RT gym tests?

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just watching the commando school ephisodes on YouTube even tho the 1st few seem to be all about "terry johns" *text deleted*.

They have gym tests to see where they are fitness wise week 1 , then they have gym tests week 9 where it mentions people failing it.

What is the gym tests based on in week 9 is it the same sort as structure as the gym tests at prmc but with a higher demand on the scores with ropes eg? I didn't hear them mention anything on those that failed it what happens to them backtrooped? , given another go? Was just interested to know as couldn't find anything on it.

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It does seem to be the Terry John show episode 1-4, but its Terril focusing one on man's story and I don't mind it really.

They get backtrooped or put into hunter if their fitness is no where near the mark.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Your week 9 gym pass-out is to progress into the Bottom field. Extra tuition is given on ropes before hand. But if you don't pass, to get backtrooped and have another shot with a new troop.

There is no shame in backtrooping. It just means you haven't reached a level yet, and need a little extra training.

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I thought he was in COTFL.
He is, I didn't even notice he sad Commando School.
Makes sense, COTFL is only on Youtube and Commando School is only on 4 on Demand

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
He is, I didn't even notice he sad Commando School.
Makes sense, COTFL is only on Youtube and Commando School is only on 4 on Demand

There both on YouTube I must have got confused "commando on front line" was the one with terry johns I was watching and the other one is commando school which is also on there.