RT help

jonnyx10

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any books I can buy to help me revise for my Recruitment Test? As I plan on booking the test soon!

Cheers

mkelly

Reaction score
Yeah mate you need to get a non-verbal reasoning book, roughly age 12+. Sounds easy but it can be tough especially if you have been out of school a while and like me, done nothing similar since. Do some KS3 maths and english too.
Most of all dont worry its designed to see how well you cope under stress just as much as your score counts.
Good luck!

Smith.m

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any books I can buy to help me revise for my Recruitment Test? As I plan on booking the test soon!

Cheers
2 reccomendations personally...
1)-: "succeed at psychometric testing - practice tests for The Armed Forces Entry Level" - author = Bernice Walmsley ISBN - 978-0-340-92655-0

2)-: The Testing Series - Armed Forces tests" - author - Richard McMunn ISBN - 978-1-907558-09-2

found both of the above very helpful when going for my RT

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
2 reccomendations personally...
1)-: "succeed at psychometric testing - practice tests for The Armed Forces Entry Level" - author = Bernice Walmsley ISBN - 978-0-340-92655-0

2)-: The Testing Series - Armed Forces tests" - author - Richard McMunn ISBN - 978-1-907558-09-2

found both of the above very helpful when going for my RT
I have a book by that Richard mcmunn, owns the how2become series dont he?? Wasn't too sure if it was any good for RT prep!!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Try this. Read, absorb, do as advised: no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=3149[/url]

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if i remember rightly you get a revision book for it along with the letter for your test date, and that seemed good to me

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The book they supply is very vague but you can use it to grasp the concepts of each question. With this I found it easy to see where they were going and guess the correct answer!

Obviously not a recommended technique.

Revise your numeracy skills, refresh your mind on simple mathematic methods such as multiplication of fractions and larger numbers.
Significant places also crop up for about 3 questions at the end of the mathematical section and learn your tools! As you will have to identify them in the mechanical section.
Things like calipera, feeler gauges, adjustables, box sockets and levellers.
Also revise basic physics, Learn the motions of pivots and cogs!

The literacy section was quite tricky with the words they used and some I had never heard of! But you can get the idea of the question and correctly select an answer, after all it's multiple choice so Atleast have a guess!

Best tip- avoid questions that require too much working til the end as there are plenty of questions that can be answered almost immediately.

Tests will obviously vary but this was all in mine!