Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

RT Medical

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by TheFancy, Feb 8, 2020.

1. TheFancy

TheFancy Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi all,
    I’ve recently passed my PRMC and am currently awaiting an RT start date. What I was wondering was during the RT medical when they view my medical records will it cause an issue.

Long story short I’ve already been through a bit of a hassle with capita last year with my medical, I declared the issues on the medical questionnaire and I was pulled up on those things and subsequently got my GP to write me a letter with more detail, I put through the appeal and it was successful fortunately. Went on to pass my PJFT and recently PRMC, but given that I’m slightly concerned that the CTC medical is *text deleted* cause problems for me again, if they see my record will they know that I’ve been through the appeal process and was successful etc etc or will they be in the dark about that? I would assume the details would be on my file from capita but you never know. I haven’t hid anything from them or anything, I was honest and declared everything that may of been an issue and went through the appeal by the book etc. Last thing I want is a medical discharge on week 1.

Cheers

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The only way any medical issues will be problematic is if you failed to either disclose anything asked about in the medical questionnaire - whether you thought it an issue or otherwise. Or, if you have not declared any change in your medical status occuring after the initial medical and the first day of training.

If, in the unlikely event you didn't declare something because, although asked, you didn't think it relevant, then the odds are if it becomes apparent in the first 8 weeks in Recruit Training, when checked, you'll be discharged NFA Med.

Your medical appeal is not relevant unless the issue appealed against, re-occurs after being passed fit.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheFancy

TheFancy Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC