RT shortened for good troops?

MacheteMeetsBiscuit

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mods delete this if it's not meant to be disclosed for some reason but just found out that a troop did bottom-field pass-out 2 weeks early this morning. Congrats to them for smashing it.

Does this mean their RT is shortened to 30 weeks?

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard that they're doing the Commando Tests a week or two early, so guys who fail them first time can do them again and (if they pass), still pass out with their original troop. So maybe they've just re-arranged the order of things, so it's still 32 weeks long but some things happen a bit earlier. But I don't know. Just what I'm guessing.

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You will probably find its been changed around becase of Easter leave next weeks. Training is always 32 weeks

Kentish

Reaction score
Yeah I think some things get moved around. 139 Trp did the France visit early.

BeretChaser

Reaction score
Some of the tests can definatly get moved around if the training team feel you are ready. I have a friend currently in training and he said they all did their swim test on week 2!!

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Some of the tests can definatly get moved around if the training team feel you are ready. I have a friend currently in training and he said they all did their swim test on week 2!!
What week is it normally done in? I should probably get a proper grasp of the RT schedule at some point :embarrest:

I have a strong suspicion though that when I get into RT, I'll be fast-tracked into the Commando Tests, what with my stats and everything. Probably do then in week 9 or 10 :huh:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Rest assured all elements of RT are identical.

The order of events are, as ever, subject to change due to logistics..

JMC

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I have a strong suspicion though that when I get into RT, I'll be fast-tracked into the Commando Tests, what with my stats and everything. Probably do then in week 9 or 10 :huh:
I would have assumed they would have given you the king badge immediately after phase 1 Ross with those stats!!

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I would have assumed they would have given you the king badge immediately after phase 1 Ross with those stats!!
Well yeah but I didn't want to blow my own trumpet :fly: