RT weekend leave

Bear4236

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if you can stay at CTC during weekend leave? Might seem like a silly question but I don’t live in England and so once you’re allowed weekend leave I would be spending an awful amount of money flying back and forth :D and if you do stay what exactly do you do? I take you’re free to do whatever until you start again monday/Sunday night? Thanks

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if you can stay at CTC during weekend leave? Might seem like a silly question but I don’t live in England and so once you’re allowed weekend leave I would be spending an awful amount of money flying back and forth :D and if you do stay what exactly do you do? I take you’re free to do whatever until you start again monday/Sunday night? Thanks
Are you starting recuit training?? If so, and your from overseas? Then I'm sure one of your oppos will take you home with them at long weekends!

Most weekends in phase 2 are "Local leave" which means your allowed out until 0200 phase 2. Phase 1 local leave is 1200 I believe? Whereby lads go into Exeter for a few beers and some big meals!! Very very big!! Exeters Starz bar Is particularly good!!

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
You don't get weekend leave every weekend. You get long weekends at Week 5 and Week 15 or if you've been well behaved and your troop sergeant arranges it at another point in phase 2.

As above other than that its back by 2300 (phase 1) or 0200 (phase 2) Friday and Saturday and 2000 Sunday for everyone.

I take you’re free to do whatever until you start again monday/Sunday night? Thanks

You're never truly free at CTC mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha

Bear4236

Reaction score
Are you starting recuit training?? If so, and your from overseas? Then I'm sure one of your oppos will take you home with them at long weekends!

Most weekends in phase 2 are "Local leave" which means your allowed out until 0200 phase 2. Phase 1 local leave is 1200 I believe? Whereby lads go into Exeter for a few beers and some big meals!! Very very big!! Exeters Starz bar Is particularly good!!
No I haven’t started RT yet! Only beginning the process now but seen another post about leave and made me think :) I live in Northern Ireland and so it’s not too far to fly but don’t know if I could be bothered with it! Would rather keep my surroundings familiar and I’d be far too relaxed at home :DJust don’t want to be the only man there for the weekend *text deleted*

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
No I haven’t started RT yet! Only beginning the process now but seen another post about leave and made me think :) I live in Northern Ireland and so it’s not too far to fly but don’t know if I could be bothered with it all the time! Just don’t want to be the only man there for the weekend *text deleted*
Just tap up an oppo! I'm sure you'll find someone to tag along with. There was a Canadian lad in my sons troop, and he was inundated with offers.

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

I’m interested in this myself!

I live in wales and it’s around a 6 hour train journey so would rather stay than spend all that time traveling unless it was a weeks leave don’t see the point for just a weekend spending most the day traveling.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Not every weekend is free.

I spent a few weekend leave on CTC. It’s
Not mandatory to leave. Just don’t cut about the place like your the top shagger.

Make yourself scarce through the day. I went to a BnB once just to get off Camp. You need to have a break now and then.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if you can stay at CTC during weekend leave?

Just to add to the comments above you'll certainly have a roof over your head at CTCRM during weekend leave if you can't travel home. But as alluded to by TPA you won't be able to fully relax. I didn't do my RT at CTC but anyone accustomed to dossing about at home in their comfy but tatty, shredded clothing for a weekend will be disappointed. Being visibly intoxicated on camp can get one into big trouble too. Apparently. :)

As Arny states, you'll almost certainly get a few options to stay with someone else for longer weekend leave periods.

average123

Reaction score
I went to my brothers family day the other weekend (weekend leave for recruits) and a few lads in his room from Scotland are just staying in local hotels in the Exeter area. Might not be quite like Home but at least you’ll be getting away from CTC.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Even just a quick google search. I remember having a weekend in a lodge type thing near a 4x4 quad biking place. I think it was cheap.

It’s ok to stay south for your RT, but make an effort to get off Camp and take a break.

Even as a trained rank whenever I spent long periods of time at CTC I made every effort to go to local events/BnBs/rock walls. Just to get a break from Lympschwitz.

wellmemedmyboy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No I haven’t started RT yet! Only beginning the process now but seen another post about leave and made me think :) I live in Northern Ireland and so it’s not too far to fly but don’t know if I could be bothered with it! Would rather keep my surroundings familiar and I’d be far too relaxed at home :DJust don’t want to be the only man there for the weekend *text deleted*
Mate honestly at every moment get off camp and clear your head with some new surroundings. That is my advice.

Chelonian

Reaction score
@Bear4236 Plenty of B&Bs local to Exeter. Also, Torquay is only just over an hour west from CTCRM by train. Hourly direct service. Teignmouth is about half-way between CTC and Torquay on the same line. Plenty of B&Bs and bars in both seaside towns.

As suggested by others, get away from camp and make each weekend off count!

blindman3004

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Its a great to have some time to yourself! So I recommend to book a hotel/b&b.

I ended up booking a hotel and went out with some lads who were local to Exeter. Managed to get into one club as a couple places have a "no nod policy" and bumped into a PTI and the troop boss, hastily exited the club.

New Threads