RT written tests! (week 1)

Oz22

Reaction score
Recently passed the written tests, but noticed that you have to take math and english tests during week 1 (Foundation). I understand that people who didn't achieve C or above in there GCSE's are required to take them.
If you fail the tests, do you get anymore opportunities to retake them or are you sent packing? can anyone shed some light on this?

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think you will be kicked out for failing them because its a government requirement not RM but I think you might have to resit it until you pass

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Spot on, if you score low in basic skills, you are given extra tuition to re-take late on in Recruit Training. It's not a career issue.

JOEY

Reaction score
Are the tests to the same level as a GCSE grade c? And also what happens if like me you passed english (C) and didnt get the required maths Grade (D)? :huh:

Oz22

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up, appreciate it.

karatydude123

Reaction score
so if you say left school with ds you have 2 do them and, if you pass with c do you get 2 keep, the cs? instead of ds *text deleted* sounds stupid *text deleted* but if you done it why not *text deleted*!:rock:

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain it's not equivalent to a GCSE C its just basic maths and english tests on a computer

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
:dito:

I think it's a lot more basic than most people think.

M

MTW

its probably not a qualification, just an general assesment by them. and its probably alot easier than grade c.

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just wondering, what would be an example of the type of difficulty of question on the tests?

M

MTW

ill let you know in 7 weeks *text deleted*.

i didnt take the PRMC tests, but from what i heard from the boys you would have to have half your brain removed in order not to pass them they are that easy, they are probably not alot harder. maybe psycometric test standard?

karatydude123

Reaction score
oh ty guy's *text deleted* and ye my apostraphy is bad *text deleted* that's why i asked i'm not to clever *text deleted*:doh:

JOEY

Reaction score
*text deleted* im sure that i will be fine then