Rules on contact lenses?

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Aite boys

Just wondering if any of you know the rules about wearing contact lenses withing the RM (when you can and can't wear them etc.).

Would be great if anyone could tell me, as i don't fancy wearing glasses while sloggin it out on a mud run :toung:

apollo

Reaction score
I also wear contact lenses and glasses and would like to know what happens.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd rather wear my glasses then get loads of *text deleted**text deleted* on my contact lenses and getting infections, just get a friggin strap to keep them on your head from specsavers for £2.50 simple enough.. you can also get unscratchable lense treatment for 12 quid..

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've got the same problem at the moment, but I'm hopefully *text deleted* get LASEK before joining.

james720

Reaction score
wel i wear glasses and have passed my eye test. you dont have to wear glasses all the time just for shooting, bt in the field i think its up to you what you want to do. but you can wear contacts and glasses in the RM. but if you have laser surgery you have to wait either a year or two years before you can apply cant remember how long.

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'd rather wear my glasses then get loads of *text deleted**text deleted* on my contact lenses and getting infections, just get a friggin strap to keep them on your head from specsavers for £2.50 simple enough.. you can also get unscratchable lense treatment for 12 quid..

Your eyes would have the same chance of getting infected if you was wearing contacts or not. You would just have to clean them when you get back to your room (or throw them out if u wear dailies).

Its not i care about having them scratched or worrying about them falling off, i just dont wana be jumping around in a load of mud and not being able to see f*text deleted** all.

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your eyes would have the same chance of getting infected if you was wearing contacts or not. You would just have to clean them when you get back to your room (or throw them out if u wear dailies).

Its not i care about having them scratched or worrying about them falling off, i just dont wana be jumping around in a load of mud and not being able to see f*text deleted** all.

well then you'd take them off for the mud run.. common sense :push:

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
but if you have laser surgery you have to wait either a year or two years before you can apply cant remember how long.

You have to wait 1 year before you can even get the application form... I don't regret having mine done. Was worth the wait.

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well then you'd take them off for the mud run.. common sense :push:

I was just using that as an example.

Your not gona take your glasses off when your running through a load of mud midway through battle.

:cool:

New Threads