Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.
  1. OneMoreWrap

OneMoreWrap Venerated Contributor

Still no real detail there....

Hill sprints- distance, incline, repetitions.
    Intervals-distance, repetitions, effort.
    Circuits-repetitions, sets, rest.

I appreciate you're new to this but these are the important details.

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

well i do a peak interval sessionon a treadmill at level 8 ( which wont help you at all i think its 8mph sprint on a 9.5 incline for 30 s. then it does 1.30s recover on a lower incline and speed then repeat.
    im currently working through the levels.
    or i could do a level flat sprint for max effort 30 s then a light jog to recover then repeat for half hour.

3 mile run is just running the distance trying to up pace and time each session.

stats werent very good on the circuit

press up 8,12,8

sqauts 10 ,16,14

sit ups 12 ,18 ,12

pull ups 3,5,4 (negatives)

tricept dips 6,10,8

lunges 10,14,12 (each leg)

i have been running for a little while but i have just introduced circuits this morning so was just having a basic run through to see what i had in the tank.

im proberly 2 to 2.5 stone overweight so i no *text deleted** got so months ahead of me. but this did get the lungs moving *text deleted**. i was doing each exercise 1 after another without rest this is correct way isnt it?

3. ryanp16

ryanp16 Valuable Contributor

Alright if you're new to training like you say then I'd stay away from the sprints and hill work for a while. Work your way up to a good solid mileage base from which to build upon.

As for your circuits, it's fine, everyone starts somewhere. I couldn't do a single press up when I started.

Check this place out, it's a treasure trove of info for getting your scores up

http://www.military.com/fitness-center/military-fitness/stew-smith/archive

4. KopiteWD

KopiteWD Member

I used to weigh 18 stone 4 pounds, now I'm 13 stone 10 pounds and am a healthy weight for my height and you should as I did notice a drastic increase in your performance when you stop you're dieting after getting down to the weight you feel right at.
    Two main factors is you have less weight to carry around when running and you have more energy because rather than losing weight you'll be maintaining it so you will have more energy from extra food you consume.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

cheers for the link pal!

thats great. im hoping i can shed this weight in the next 3 months. which i hope will be acheivable. and as its drops press ups should get easier distance should become better.
    im hoping to be fit enough for a pjft around may time sound good?