run times

foss

Reaction score
rite ive got prmc in 2 and a half weeks is there any last minute things i can do to improve my run times?

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nothing really mate in 2 an half weeks what time you doing the 1.5 miles back in on a road not on a treadmill?

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Cutting the border fine here mate with PRMC so close... dont forget you have to do 2 legs of the 2.4km(1.5miles)
really put it in!!

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
youll be fine mate aslong as you get in under 10.30 youl pass there was lads on mine who got 10.28 and they passed the course. just push yaself remember aswell youl have the adrenaline with you on the day the prmc is not as hard as you think.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Your body cant really make improvements in 2 weeks, Im the same before a big race i always think oh sh*t i need to improve on this and that but its too late by that time, Your body doesnt adapt to the change in training that fast, So i normally change things 5 weeks before a big race etc if i want to make a gain on something.. Personally mate just keep on running at the pace your doing and build your aerobic strength up.. Maybe look at getting a "power breathe" will increse lung capacity i use them everyday helps me with my cycling etc.. You can really feel the difference it builds your lung muscles up. That would be the best thing to get to help a little in PRMC..

http://www.powerbreathe.com/pbclassic_sports.html

Good Luck with it all anyway mate!
Sam

foss

Reaction score
cheers lads

when i run just 1.5 miles i can get 9.11
but after the first 1.5 mile slow pace i can get 9.55
i done rmad and got 9.55 on the return journey
do you think this would be ok or not

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mate youll be fine on it i got 10 mins falt on my rmad and done 9.30 on my prmc dont worry about it just put in the effort an youl be sound. just *text deleted* the nerves because your prmc is so close *text deleted* how you feel mate i start recruit training on monday hahaha.

gd luck mate.

foss

Reaction score
haha cheers *text deleted* gd luck 2 you to *text deleted* what were your times on gym test 1 aswell?

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
haha cheers mate.
1.5mile-9.30
sit ups-96
press ups-58
pull ups-6
assault course around 3.30

thats the easiset part mate dont put too much emphasis on gym test 1 and on the determination test just stay in the middle or if you can at the front and just keep goin make sure you just dont do anything wrong dont want to be doing extra press ups haha. and the same goes for gym test 2 and the sprints at the end of it never be at the back and dont do anything they havnt told you to do like Scrathch or wipe sweat in the gym haha the corporals hate that and youll end up doing press extra ups *text deleted*.

foss

Reaction score
cheers for the tips *text deleted* sorry bwt the 20 questions aswell *text deleted* but what did you get on the bleep test? haha

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
haha dont mind answerin questions i was like you not so long ago wanting someone to answer me questions about the prmc so no worries i got 11.3 on it mate quite alot of lads all got above the 10 mark and they all passed its just a case of go balls out on everything for example if youve done 60 press ups just keep going unil you cant do anymore.

foss

Reaction score
cheers *text deleted* im a lil bit worried about the bleep test *text deleted* im crap at sprimting so im just *text deleted* give it myt all and hope thats enough *text deleted*

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yer as i said mate just dont give up go balls out on it. how did you do on rmad by the way?

foss

Reaction score
i done ok but it was dodgy *text deleted* the press ups sit ups and pull ups were to the bleep and i hadnt really been training that way

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I've got an ingenius idea!!

do some altitude training!!

go somewhere really high, where there is less oxygen than at ground level, do some running then your body will make extra red blood cells to collect more oxygen, then if you come back down and run, you body will have more red blood cells in your system, and you should be able to perform better!

a bit far-fetched i know, but still!:rally_drive:

foss

Reaction score
sounds like a plan but ive got no were like that round here i usaully just run on road or treadmill *text deleted*

Normster

Reaction score
*text deleted* i think you have to go to at least 3km above sea level for significant improvement and literally stay at that height for over 8 hours a day mininum.