Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Runners knee

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Fishnchips, May 20, 2020.

1. Fishnchips

Fishnchips Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I went from running 5 miles to 10 miles in one leap. I did it a couple of times and now my knee is a balloon. Just wondering if anybody had a similar experience and how long did they take off from running? My new running shoes just arrived and they are a welcome improvement in quality so hopefully that helps in future.

2. Rob20

Rob20 Royal Marines Commando Moderator

Slow down your increments. You've just doubled you're mileage in one hit. Not the wisest.

Alot of knee issues are caused by tight quads however I don't think that would result in a huge amount of swelling so I'd rest and ice that for a while before running again. And if it returns potentially get it checked

• Like Like x 2
  3. stoic_phys

stoic_phys Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'm in the same boat, took 4/5 days of RICE and then easing back into the running but it is still painful. Hoping it will sort itself within the next couple weeks so i'm back at 100%.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 1919

1919 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    If possible, try running on soft surfaces like grass as much as possible also. Less impact on the joints and it's supposed to strengthen leg muscles too.

• Like Like x 2