Running at night

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to state the obvious, but a bit of friendly advice won't hurt anyone.
Went for my first nighttime run of this year, and i thought I'd make this thread to just get it out there for those that are new to running, or just haven't thought about it yet.
To avoid getting in an accident with a vehicle, wear some kind of high visibility clothing, you can buy them online very cheaply, just to make sure people can see you.
Also, a head torch is always useful, so you don't twist your ankle or worse on a bump on the route that you couldn't see.. again can be bought online.
Nothing wrong with playing it safe guys, you don't want to get injured before you've joined up, I know I certainly don't!

laughinqlad19

Reaction score
I can definitely attest to this. Only a dew weeks ago I was acting like a complete idiot, going out on my morning runs with only a high visibility hat which obviously doesn't cut it. Well short story shorter I ended up litteraly running of the road into a dike. Well this has made me cop on and I have now asked the local farmer permission to run on the roads around his farm and the only time I go on the road is in broad daylight. I ended up with a leg full of nettle stings but I could have been a lot worse.

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was literally about to go in a run in just shorts and a Tshirt but now thinking about the fact I live near a busy main road I realise the high vis jacket and head lamp wouldn’t go amiss

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was literally about to go in a run in just shorts and a Tshirt but now thinking about the fact I live near a busy main road I realise the high vis jacket and head lamp wouldn’t go amiss
Christ just shorts and t shirt at these temperatures? You're brave