Running Distance Measurer?

Roy Brown

Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick question here. I was out running around the park before and went at a pretty fast pace. Well what i now would consider to be a fast pace as it is only my 3rd week of training. I was aiming for a 1.5 miler and because i ran 2.5 miles pretty comfortably the other day i thought running at a pretty fast pace would be simple. But with about just over half the run left i was breathing like crazy and i just had to stop. So the question i have is do you know of anywhere there is were i can get some sort of equipment to measure how far i am running since i'm not really sure how far i actually ran.

MisterP

Reaction score
I just use google earth's measuring thing and found it pretty accurate. It seems to be way more accurate than the cycle computer on my bike.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I just use google earth's measuring thing and found it pretty accurate. It seems to be way more accurate than the cycle computer on my bike.
It can't be more accurate than your bike, try setting the wheel size on the bike computer to your bikes wheel size and you'll find it's even more accurate than a car. Unless you bought it for under £25 it will be accurate.

MisterP

Reaction score
Perhaps mine is a little inaccurate, and if I could be bothered doing some maths on it i could fix it. But i know for a fact that Google earth is more accurate than my bike computer. I measured a few 400m running tracks with google earth and got to within 1 or 2 meters each time, telling me it's pretty reliable. However when measuring my 3 mile runs with google earth, then my bike there was about a 200m discrepancy.

http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1806 ...i've posted on this before