Running eh :S

caf20012

Reaction score
Ok so ive been hitting gym for almost 7months now. Mostly upperbody work and its where it needs to be right now.

For legs. Thats a different story. So ive worked on legs for about 2weeks now and want to go the right way about it and as the PJFT has changed and i want to do my PRMC around September 09. I know, i know this is quiet a lot of time.

Currently i can only do 1.3miles in 10minutes on a treadmill and now the PJFT has changed and though it would be a good idea to run every other day around my area. I used google earth to measure the distance around the area im running around. 1 lap is equal to 1.3miles so im guessing would it be a good idea to run around that 3times every other day and maybe on the other days run on the treadmill?

Im open for any advice as i lack with running but upperbodys good

Sorry for another running advice post :noob:

Thanks all

Chris

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate you've got ages till your PRMC, you should be fine.

As for running, i do 4 miles(measured on google earth) 3 times a week(these are my distance runs ive been told to do by the warrant officer), plus twice a week i run around a football pitch 20 times(10 times sprinting the width and jogging the lengths, then 10 sprinting the lengths and jogging the width).

Hope that helps.

caf20012

Reaction score
yeah ill just try run that 3.9miles 3 times a week. Gradually ill speed it up and should be fine. Just hard to see at the beginning of the tunnel. Guess though it was like that 7months for me and press ups loool

cheers Raz

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If I were you, I wouldn't start off with 3 miles. I'd start off with 1 mile runs.

Example:

Week 1; 1 mile run
Week 2 or 3; 1.5 mile run.
Week 4; 2 mile run
Week 5; 2.5 mile run

so on and so on.

That way you're getting your body used to running and now the distance.

Good luck mate and you'll be fine.

caf20012

Reaction score
Nice advice mate, 1mile isnt too bad :)

You made my night lool:uglyhammer:

sean.brunning

Reaction score
hey, im 15 and currently training for the marines, *text deleted** just started running and both my brothers (royal marines) and my dad (ex army commando) recommend i should go out for atleast a 30 minute run, as you only feel the benifits after 20 minutes. i run 3 miles every other day now lasting 35minutes. when i get down to 30 minutes are less ill probablys move onto 4 mile.

S

stokey_14

haha now that?s some going... 3 miles in 5 mins!

Forget being a bootneck... middle to long distance running seems to be your calling in life... what?s that 1;40 per mile should take the 1500 M world record with out braking a sweat!

stokey

xdous

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Whilst we are on the subject of running, I went out this afternoon to do a 6 miler and at around the 2.5 mile mark the heavens opened and I mean it really came down! It was freezing but all I kept thinking of is the new RM ads "rain is our friend" and "cold is our friend" and managed to pull a PB out the bag of 6 miles in 42.33 mins :smile:.

Reaction score
nice work *text deleted* on the 42.33 p.b thats a great time, u need to get in the routine of occasionally *text deleted**text deleted* out for a run / cycle etc when the heavens open as u most certainly will be getting cold wet and muddy in RT should u get to that stage. So preparing now for the likelihood in future wiill stand u in good stead.