Running In RT

royal1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm not in RT yet (I wish I was though) but I was just wondering how often do you go running in RT once every day? how many times a week? how far?

Thanks for reading everyone all reply's really really appreciated :bigsmile::amuse:!!

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There are not as many distance runs as you might think but there is a lot of running, mainly focused on speed.

Obviously PT, both in the gym and bottom field, involves a lot of CV work but you also have to get places quickly alot of the time - this means running to and from the galley at meal times, in and out of the accomodation, round camp, as part of beastings etc...

Chances are you will run at some point everyday, even if its not very far. As for distances, you repeat the PRMC 3 miler in week one, there are a couple of 4 mile speed marches early on which advance to the 9 mile speed march and 30 miler at the end of training.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure it changes as training goes on.

In the first 5 weeks, you do about a run once a week with the miles going up each week, we were at 5 miles in week 4. In the first couple of weeks they're dead easy though, piss easy pace unless you're unfit(some were struggling *text deleted*)

You do camp cicruits pretty much every PT(IMFC) session and that's a short but best effort run around the camp or half the camp.

I guess at week 9 though that's when it gets more intense due to starting the bottom field.

royal1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Whats (IMFC)? and what kind of training do you do at bottom field?

cr23g

Reaction score
what happens if you *text deleted* up on the repeat 3 miler in week one?

Taylor

Reaction score
you look like a bag of sh*t who shouldnt have passed the prmc

i mean, :P you shouldnt really fail the 3 miler on week 1, they give u 11.30 minutes to do it for some strange reason