Running in the morning

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I always wonder how people manage to do this since im half asleep for atleast an hour after I get up *text deleted*..

Just a couple of questions:

How long after you've gotten up do you go runnning and do you eat breakfast first?

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
have a protein shake and banana straight away after u get up, take 15 mins to wake urself up, plan *text deleted* run and get dressed. Go for the run then stretch, eat and shower when you get home

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
My Brother is trying to get my Dad (54 this year) a bit fit,
and they've started getting up at half 5/6 in the morning and training,
*text deleted* start joining them now,
do that in the morning,
then do my exercises in the afternoon.

I think in a way it will be good to get used to getting up early and training,
will happen a lot in RT.

Joe

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
have a protein shake and banana straight away after u get up, take 15 mins to wake urself up, plan *text deleted* run and get dressed. Go for the run then stretch, eat and shower when you get home

Why do you have a protien shake before running, im intrigued....only its been suggested to me that its best after

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
When i was at school i used to do my cycling training before id start school so id get up at 4am and go on the bike at 5am and get a good 3 hour training ride done on the road.. Dedication lads!.. Practice makes perfect!.. Its all about how much you want something in life and if you want something so much you can get it!, In my case it was getting good results on the bike so id training like *text deleted*!.. Now ive left school i go on the bike later in the day instead.. and run earlier..

Sam

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you have a protien shake before running, im intrigued....only its been suggested to me that its best after

*text deleted* I wouldnt of thought it would make a massive efect, unless running for over an hour. As the protein will just sit in the stomach, it wont really get digested when running becasue of vascualr shunt where blood is taken to working muscles and away from organs that are not needed to run. So the protein will sit there and just be like you just drank it I suppose.
I know quite a few hench bast&rds that have them during training.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Stacka-I would suggest a protein shake before an early morning run for 2 reasons:

1. Halt muscle catabolism after fasting overnight by providing muscles with a fast digesting protein (whey)

2. Ingesting protein before CV exercise prevents muscle catabolism for energy during exercise and stimulates greater caloric expenditure, thus increasing fat loss

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
*text deleted* I wouldnt of thought it would make a massive efect, unless running for over an hour. As the protein will just sit in the stomach, it wont really get digested when running becasue of vascualr shunt where blood is taken to working muscles and away from organs that are not needed to run. So the protein will sit there and just be like you just drank it I suppose.
I know quite a few hench bast&rds that have them during training.

What the *text deleted**text deleted* is vascular shunt?

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's where blood flow is diverted from the organs and other parts of the body (e.g. digestive system) to the working muscles in response to increased energy expenditure

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
It's where blood flow is diverted from the organs and other parts of the body (e.g. digestive system) to the working muscles in response to increased energy expenditure

Well *text deleted**text deleted* your mother and call her George!

I need to read about this now.

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's similar to one of the reasons it's harder to exercise in the heat. When it's very warm instead of blood flow to working muscles increasing, more blood is diverted to the skin in order to cool the body down. Therefore, less blood (and less oxygen) is available to the working muscles

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
It's similar to one of the reasons it's harder to exercise in the heat. When it's very warm instead of blood flow to working muscles increasing, more blood is diverted to the skin in order to cool the body down. Therefore, less blood (and less oxygen) is available to the working muscles

Ok now your getting a smart ass ha ha, we all know that

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Basically (well not really) when you are training lactic acid/co2 levels in the blood raise. This raise is dectected by chemoreceptors in the muscles/blood. These send messages via the nervous system to the medulla in the brain, where it works out that you need more blood to the muscles for obvious reasons. In turn signals are sent to the arteries and arterioles, and the ones going to places where blood isnt needed as much, (e.g. your stomach and your co.ck(why your dikc gets smaller when running)) and these contract and the passage for blood to flow becomes smaller, at the same time arteries/arterioles going to the working muscles open wider.

I think thats it anyway, off top of my head ;)

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hahahahaha. Lush.

*text deleted* obviosuly thats more important at the time. Body/mind/co.k is more complicated than just the medulla

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Stacka-I would suggest a protein shake before an early morning run for 2 reasons:

1. Halt muscle catabolism after fasting overnight by providing muscles with a fast digesting protein (whey)

2. Ingesting protein before CV exercise prevents muscle catabolism for energy during exercise and stimulates greater caloric expenditure, thus increasing fat loss

Hold on im getting 2 different answers here.

Yes its advised, and no its pointless.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
What two diff ones in the above reply ... no your not, or I cant see how you are?

Duff says yes....

Your saying its pointless becasue of this vaginal shunt or whatever....*text deleted*

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
No Im saying I dont think it will make any difference. I just said if you have it before it will most likely have the same effect as having one directly afterwards.