running is soooo boring now

Reaction score
guys is anyone else just *text deleted* sick and tired of running. street or tredmill i get so bored.

IS THERE ANYWAY TO MAKE IT MORE INTRESTING IM GOING MAD !!!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Train with a partner perhaps?

Join a running club, join the local Reserve unit & attend phys training nights, as opposed to telling the local "Hard-Man" he's a wimp, not paying for your meals in restaurants, knocking on a neighbour's door & scarpering, telling the chick she's looking a bit ropey, be imaginative....

"He Who Dares Rodders, He Who Dares...."

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
depends really on how often you run, how far you run and what running training you do.

to help stop bordom i will do long distance timed and not timed, short and fast timed and not timed, hill reps (not timed). and i will run a max of 6 times a week. and i must admit i do get bored but sometimes i will just decide to go out on a run and go anywhere and everywhere, without planning my route and run for as long as i wish or i feel is a decent enough workout. i go all the places that will work me body really well, mainly up hills and work out what i done after. so it could work for you.

or just go on a bike ride, always breaks it up and is a lot more fun.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
acctually a great way to make running interesting is taking up parkour, the marines done it with the extreme sports lot once as a challenge, dont quite know why. but its pretty good fun jumping about on things and will really work you. just learn the techniques of the cat leap and getting up on walls etc and you'll have good fun. if you like that sorta stuff anyway

Aussie89

Reaction score
i was in the same boat as you mate but i just switch off and listen to my ipod. seems to work for me

Joe

Reaction score
Yeah man, parkour is awesome...i was more freerunning orientated, cooled it down recently though as there's a huge injury risk.

Fartlek (Interval Running) can spice running up a bit? Timing, trying to be times etc

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ways i tackled not going crazy as sin doing cardio was to break it up into
1.Cycling
2.Hiking, a tough hike will keep heart rate up and show you how weak your legs are, would recommend getting decent pair of boots though, i got ex marine combat boots for next to nothing off the net
3.Join a running club, running with people helps you loads and you progress alot faster, also some of them been doing it ages and help you get running form sorted which is amazing in the terms of how much easier it is to maintain long runs.
4. http://www.britmilfit.com/ unfortunately there is not one of these close enough to me for me to go regularly, but ex military PTI's 'extra phys' the snot outta you should help

New Threads