running on a treadmill

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
now on the road i can run a mile and a half in any time between nine and nine half mins, but on a treadmill i find it so much harder seriously is this just me, i think there must be a nack to it *text deleted* i no blokes who can do a eight odd mins on the mill but are *text deleted**text deleted* on the road, i got longer bigger leg so i can really gain my speed on the road by ''opening up'' . i done it the first time i joined up in nine fortyfive but i just tried on the mill and nealy kicked the s h i t out of it, HELP ME !!

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry too much mate, aslong as you can *text deleted* in under 10 on the treadmill you wont have to worry about getting on another once you pass PJFT.

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
I have some trouble running at 15kph on the treadmill, I dont know why as I'm fine at even 14.5kph. (could probably run half the day at this speed)
As the belt approaches 15kph however, I feel a weird slipping sensation and have booted the sides and even been spat off the back!!

my pjft is very soon and by the time the treadmill builds speed I will have to be using 15kph to get in at 9.36 (any longer and its cutting it fine!)

I think its wrong to make you do the test on the treadmill and you should have the choice!! (treadmill running is a skill in itself)...