Running on grass

Mr T

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

just wondering if any of you have the same issue as this.

when i run on grss i find it takes so much out of me, and i find that i get tired much quicker than on a treadmill or concrete.

anyone else find this? Just want to know if its my crappy training :)

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mr T said:
Hello gentlemen,

just wondering if any of you have the same issue as this.

when i run on grss i find it takes so much out of me, and i find that i get tired much quicker than on a treadmill or concrete.

anyone else find this? Just want to know if its my crappy training :)
No, infact thats a good thing, your working harder, you see grass has a sponge effect when you run on it, as you go your footfall impacts and sinks slightly and your body needs that bit more strength and energy to push off, it also cushions you joints unlike a road or footpath which are solid and have no absorbtion of impact...keep it up 8)

matt

Reaction score
"No, infact thats a good thing, your working harder, you see grass has a sponge effect when you run on it, as you go your footfall impacts and sinks slightly and your body needs that bit more strength and energy to push off, it also cushions you joints unlike a road or footpath which are solid and have no absorbtion of impact...keep it up 8)"[/quote]

Couldn't agree more with that. You can be damn sure that the Marine PTI's aren't going to want to make life easy - may as well train on harder terrain so there aren't any surprises!

I'm lucky enough to live 5mins from a pebble beach - I run on that occasionally. Its a bitch.

Mr T

Reaction score
Cheers for the responses.

one more slight question... is the 3miler on solid ground or grass?

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
solid ground mate if youve been training on a tread mill its so easy to acheive the scores like 18 mins on a 3miler but if your on road or grass you generally have to push yourself because you havent got the tread mill helping you push off i think anyways

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Plummy said:
solid ground mate if youve been training on a tread mill its so easy to acheive the scores like 18 mins on a 3miler but if your on road or grass you generally have to push yourself because you havent got the tread mill helping you push off i think anyways
this is true........when your road running YOU have to push...but the treadmil pushes you slightly i think..

i do some interval runs on treadmills...just so i can gage the time i spead things up for.

for me road running is better