running pain

deano1617

Reaction score
does anyone else get a strain or a bad ache in there lower back when running
any advice would help?

M

MTW

i did occationaly, but i mean like it only happend probably twice....does it happen every time you run?

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
mate go to the docs, they are going to give you the best advice and it's free! talking of the docs i need to make an appointment, i just got back from scotland and apear to have lost the feeling to both my big toes?!?

deano1617

Reaction score
ive been docs and they say its nothing
im thinking its just how i run but not sure
it dosnt happen everytime i run
lately ive been fine
but comesand goes
cheers

lewdog29

Reaction score
Try improving your hamstring,glute and calf mobility.Sometimes if these muscles are tight they can cause your pelvis to tilt and put a strain on your lumbar spine. Try it out and see if it improves. If not then go to another doc or try a sports physio.If it hurts enough for you to seek out a quack its probably not "nothing".

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i know wa u mean mate *text deleted* its sh*t isnt it, like your lower back by your hips? am i right if i am then it will go soon just keep running and stretching it will go!

deano1617

Reaction score
cheers for advice everyone
*text deleted* luke exactly
so if i just keep running should go cheers

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i get these sometimes. Only if I eat too much before running though for some reason *text deleted*. No its not indigestion, Its called a stitch, and its a pain that changes from being dull to suddenly becoming very sharp, like you're being stabbed or something, and forcing you to stop.

I think if you not eat too much before a run and keep your blood and oxygen going round your body, you should be fine.

ninjamej

Reaction score
ite *text deleted* i get that quite a bit when running only wen going up hills thou after a while it goes away dunno if urs is nything like dat *text deleted*

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Try make your lower back mucles abit stronger. There are many exercises you can do at home. Just google, 'lower back exercises'.

Hope this helps, Blanio.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Have you been working your lower back out?

The days after I've deadlifted and ran my back aches like hell, especially after uphill sections.

So it's possibly that, from even doing your abs etc, or it could just be bad running form.

ninjamej

Reaction score
*text deleted* probs right it allways the dyas after been up he gym *text deleted*