running problem (urgent)

JPM

Reaction score
hi guys

im really coming along with my running now but have started getting blister on my feet which i know will happen but what im after is anyone who knows the best way to wrap your feet and the best stuff to use to help prevent blisters?

Urgent help needed as have got PRMC next week and still have a few more training days left but don't want to make it worse.

Any help appriciated.

MI64

Reaction score
Change of trainers may be in order or if its boots take a look at the socks your wearing

JPM

Reaction score
ive actually got a good pair or running trainers, i was just wondering if anyone knew the best way to strap up your feet to minimise blisters.

i probebly do need to get decent socks though.

ninjamej

Reaction score
Ite *text deleted* Have You Ever Heard Of Medical Tape ??
Dat Wat I Dunn Wen I Started Getr Blisters On Balls Of My Heels Ijust Tightly Wrap The Medical Tape Round Your Feet It Aint Rto Much Only Bout A 1.50 For Bout 10 Metres *text deleted*

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Dat Wat I Dunn Wen I Started Getr Blisters On Balls Of My Heels Ijust Tightly Wrap The Medical Tape Round Your Feet It Aint Rto Much Only Bout A 1.50 For Bout 10 Metres *text deleted*
Anyone care to translate that for me?

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Okay we don't want any of that kind of crap on the forums. It takes the piss to read and annoys everyone.

Okay everyone suggests your try zinc oxide tape. You can get it from a chemist. It's meant to be quite good for preventing blisters.

Make sure when you put it on your feet are absolutely dry and put it tightly on affected areas. If you ever get wet feet and your boots are soaked take them all off and make sure your feet are thoroughly dry first, you don't want the tape taking off any skin.

Also every used surgical alcohol? You should be able to get that from the chemist. Regularly apply it to your feet every night before you go sleep and it should harden the skin there. You should be able to do this stuff in RT as well.

smallzy

Reaction score
*text deleted* wut?

think he means medical tape will heal blisters.

you should try a hot foot bath, does me wonders.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
zinc oxide tape will help and surgical spirit/rubbing alcohol will toughen your skin up (rub it on once/twice a day on the soles of your feet). also wearing two pairs of socks helps to prevent blisters. there actually quite a few threads on this (for obvious reasons) if you use the search box there's loads of good sites etc that have been linked in the threads

S

Sotiris

.......What the f£%k!! Surely the effort to put a capital letter on ever word takes more time then writing a proper, coherent, well structured, ENGLISH sentence :albert:.

Reading crap like that is just annoying, however correct the content may be :evil:.

JPM, if you've got blisters now that's a good thing. It shows your feet are adjusting to a tougher regime. If you've got a week left I would say leave them. Once they fade they'll be tougher then before.

I've always felt that the more you treat them the more care and maintenance they require. Your girlfriend may not approve but I'd let them get nasty, gnarley and tough hehe.

As you go of to PRMC though wrap them, care fore them, protect them..for those 3 days you need to be in top notch condition but try and toughen them as much as possible before hand.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
compeed blister reliefs are the the best thing since sliced bread. They're a touch on the dear side but they are top notch.

JPM

Reaction score
cheers for all the help guys, will try what everyone has said and see what works best.

The good thing is i mainly get them on the balls of my feet so its only a small isolated area and should be easy to treat.

JPM

Reaction score
cheers for that seedytucker, i knew ive seen stuff on blisters before but could'nt find it again.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I tend to get them on the arches of my feet. Annoying thing is my tones all push together so just walking around for a bit makes them rub and bleed, and running and marching would *text deleted**text deleted* them up....:mad:

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Spray your blister with iodine spray wich you can get from the pharmacy, then leave for a few minutes (its got abit of a sting) then get a thick plaster pad and cut it to the size of your blister, apply the pad to your blister and tape over it, works a treat mate, plus in future you mite want to try wearing 2 socks wich is very effective when wearing boots as one sock has nothing but your foot to rub against where as 2 socks will just rub against eachother insyead of your foot, works for me pal

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
in future you mite want to try wearing 2 socks wich is very effective when wearing boots as one sock has nothing but your foot to rub against where as 2 socks will just rub against eachother insyead of your foot, works for me pal
What I did when I was breaking my boots in and on PRMC and it worked a treat.

andy5sm

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
zinc oxide tape and iodine or savelon spray thats about as royal as you can get the tape is awsome i used to use it in training alot it helps as an extra layer of skin but hardcore!!

Luke023

Reaction score
if worst come to the worst, use will power and determination to get through your prmc. best of luck to you on your prmc

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
NINJA WTF MAN GO BACK TO SCHOOL!|

now on topic use zinc oxide :D