Running :S

Luke995

Reaction score
Running is seriously doing my head in these days...
my road 1.5mile time is 8:40
my road time for 3mile is 21minutes

but treadmills! i can barely run 1.5mile in 12minutes haha
any suggestions?
:bully:

Luke995

Reaction score
i have a kinda fear of teadmills to which isnt too good
i fell off one a while back now haha pressed the stop button but it carried on going when i stopped

also i feel really uncomfortable on them :S

maophia

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate that pretty much all you need...

"New RM PJFT

In order to ensure that RM candidates are able to complete the three mile run, an RM candidate PJFT is being introduced. This will consist of 2x2.4km runs; the first run to be completed within 12m 30s, the second run, to be a best effort, but within 10m 30, with a minutes rest in between the two runs. The runs are to be conducted on a 2 degree inclination on the running machine."

Feza685

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
pjft should be ok if your road running is as goodas you say. just put one leg in front of the other and the tredmill does the work mate basically like.

chris83

Reaction score
not sure if all afcos do this but mine gave me some vouchers to use in the gym the PJFT's held in, they let you have 3 free practices. practice makes perfect... just look ahead not down!

jasejase

Reaction score
Ive got my interview soon and think my careers advisor said an awareness day to get a feel for where im at fitness wise. apparently tho if i pass the 3 miler on the 'awareness day' I dont have to do it on the treadmill. never heard it happenin to anyone else tho

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
just look ahead not down!
Wish I knew this before mine, I looked down and failed ahhahaha

How can I get a RMAD instead of a PJFT type thing, I HATE treadmills with a passion - nearly as much as gym staff chatting bollocks and putting me off next to me..

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh so i'm not the only one who can't run on a threadmill, it doesn't feel right for some reason. I hate it. :idea:

Synk

Reaction score
i have the same problem i can do it it just feels mad compared to normally running. i think its just the fact for like the whole of the run you are just looking at the same wall you started off looking at *text deleted*

Daz-PRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had the same problem mate, could run outside in good times but stick me on a treadmill and it was game over

I actually put my PJFT back 2 weeks as it was really starting to piss me off, in the end though it was just a case of turning up and running until your legs dropped off.

It's only 9 and a half minutes of work after all, get it done and out the way so that the real prep for PRMC can start!

Good luck

Synk

Reaction score
yea yeqa thats what im *text deleted* do like. i mean am at the gym focusing on upper body strength and running and pushing my self to the limit but you *text deleted* remember you gottaq have that ditermination to push your self over your limit andthat gift i do have :P everyone who comes through the PJFT and PRMC will pass with flying colours if they have prepared them selves mentaly and phisically :)

Reaction score
Get the Gym to put something good on the TV while your running.

When I go, they put Cbeebies on for me :)

Luke995

Reaction score
haha cheers lads thought it was just me but i guess its not thank god for that