Running shoes

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by aliB, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando

Silver Shads! Wow! A blast from the past there! One of my first shoes, until Pusser started issuing trainers, which were Reebok Royales! :cool:Got a pair of those curtesy of my cousin, who was a PTI at CTC!

Alan

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  2. aliB

aliB Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Well high arch is for a certain foot type i think i need medium arch trainers

3. aliB

aliB Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    They said on prac we bring our own. Are the proper rubbish?

4. arny01

arny01 Ex Pongo.

Silver Shadows! And white plimsolls for the gym! A red t shirt and a green t shirt. Along with black shorts that were massively too flared! Creases to be immaculate!! -spitoutdummy-

Run and become is a good shop which can offer good advice on what shoe will suit you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shadow Frog

Shadow Frog Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Yeah they did to me, went and bought shoes worth £130 and was told not to use them.

And yeah there very bad!

• Like Like x 1
  6. greenzRM

greenzRM Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Just bought the Brand new Asics 24 Kayanos... pricey at 150 but phenomenal support for over pronators and injury management.

7. Stand By

Stand By New Member

Hi mate, I'm trying to get my hands on a pair of those too, what site did you go through? Every site I've looked at are sold out

Ta

8. aliB

aliB Active Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Thats silly in my eyes more inuries will result and costs for the shoes but will be a reason

9. walterwhite98

walterwhite98 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    i use saucony ride 9s, had bad shins for ages but not a problem after getting these, should get some at a fair price now too as the newer model has come out.

10. RMCSF

RMCSF New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Stick with asics, you can get old style running shoes from the year before from most running shops if you ask someone who knows their stuff. Normally at 25%-50% discount. Don't buy for looks buy for comfort and performance, most expensive doesn't mean the best.

11. greenzRM

greenzRM Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Got them from sports shoes.com got the black and green ones! Free pair of asics running socks too