Running shoes

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by lewp1, Aug 10, 2017.

1. its_meg

its_meg Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I agree excessive money does not have to be spent on trainers however I have found that if you run outdoors, then cheaper trainers do not last long enough to be worth it. Could be me running like an idiot mind! ;) On treadmills I find they do not wear out much at all but I run long distance outdoors and it works out cheaper for me to buy more expensive ones. Although buying older models on sale always works as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    I've got a pair of Saucony guide 9s which I've put holes in from training which were absolutely awesome runners, and have had On kicks recommended to me so I've got some in the post to try out!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MadMan48

MadMan48 Member

I'm a big fan of Salomons. Hard wearing, and run really well on difficult terrain. Generally possible to get the previous years models around half price as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lewp1

lewp1 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thanks for the advice lads. I went to a local running shop, they let me try on different pairs with different comforts if you get me. They put me on a treadmill and just overwatched how I ran and how my strides were in them but picked a pair comfortable enough and managed to run a 3mile personal best in them today

• Like Like x 3
  5. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

Asics for everything except trail running.
    Salmon speed cross 3 for that.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  6. LFRW06

LFRW06 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @lewp1 what have you got mate??

Having spent 3 years working in a running shop, it's turned me into a very sad running shoe nerd.

From my own experience, got to agree with the Asics crowd. Unrivalled cushioning and durability for the price point, I reckon.