running shoes

foss

Reaction score
i was thinking about *text deleted* some hi tech silver shadows to run in and take to my prmc do yous think they would be okay or not?

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
It a difficult question to answer really, and i suppose can only be answered as 'as long as you find them comfortable'. How you done much running in them before, and have you ever got blisters running in them?

Skippy

Reaction score
i'm running with asics running shoes (dunno if it's spelt right, but google will find it)
i've had no problems with them and it's even helped with an older injury

hope this helps

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry too much about buying a really decent pair for PRMC, but if you are wanting a decent pair then i would go to a shop. I did a ultra marathon last year and had no idea about the effects different shoes have. there are loads - arch support, front, back support, bubbles, gel bloody loads! If they're not giving you any grief then i'd stick to the silver shadows, but if your wanting a pair shop about abit!
Best of luck!

foss

Reaction score
wen i was inj the army i done quitye abit running in them n i thort they wer proper comfortable n ther only abwt 20 pound max so i think im *text deleted* get a pair *text deleted*

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Don't even bother reading any post here other than this one. Go and get your gait checked, they will advise you on a pair of runningvshoes to suit your style of runing which is highly important. Don't buy any running shoes without comparing them to your running style and trying them on and running in them first!

Anyone who tells you differently is wrong, your feet are the most crucial part of your body to keep clean and injury free!

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A good pair of running shoes are vital in my opinion. I had a pair of asics too, recently got some new ones in the Nike Air variety. I prefer them to my asics up to now but then that could be because my asics were a size 11 or 12 and I tried on a size 10 with the nike's and they fit perfectly!

I've got THIS running shoe.

alphamale

Reaction score
agree with Ash on this one, i only discovered i had a proper running store in my city centre AFTER i spent £60 on a pair on ascis online! *text deleted*

i called in to have a nosey and they have everything, they told me to bring along my old running shoes, and they would put me on the GAIT analysis machine (basically a treadmill with some sort of computer software hooked up)

i havent got it done yet, as i have just forked out £60 for these ascis, but if i hada known sooner it woulda saved me alot money, and Possible injury in the long run

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Silver Shadows are standard issue in the Royal Marines and therefore are absolutely fine to train in.

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've had the same pair of asics I trained in on my first application over two years ago! there like my lucky trainers, I'm going on prmc with them, they have covered many miles!