Running Times

stoker0nine

Reaction score
Alright men.

Just thought i'd share this, as i'm fairly please with these times!

Just started running seriously since about 2 weeks ago, and feel i have improved quite a bit.

I have done two 1.5mile best effort runs in the last 2 weeks, first time round i got 11:09, then again 2 nights ago and got 10:25. I'm well chuffed! Although i think i could of shaved a few more seconds from that if; 1) I hadn't stuffed myself at Big Luke's buffet only a couple hours earlier and wasn't being sick in my mouth as i was running, and 2) if my mate i was running with hadn't started running down the wrong street and i have to stop and shout to him to come back as he's going the wrong way (didn't stop the stopwatch for that).
Nevermind, Pleased i'm within the 10:30 though! Going to have another bash at that scheduled for Thursday. A much bigger improvement than before 2 weeks ago, when i was just farting around running, not taking it seriously. I would sometimes feel like i was *text deleted* have a heart attack after 1 mile! :saythat:

Also, last night i performed a kind of mock PJFT/PRMC 3 miler. Basically 2 x 1.5milers, with about a minutes rest between each. Basically as i'm just slowly building my stamina up, i'll soon move onto doing a full 3 mile run once i can complete the 2 x 1.5milers in the target time.
Anyway, my first 1.5miler was fine, 12:03. Unfortunately, my second one was 10:52. Bit of a bummer. Agin, still please with the times though, and i'll be doing that again on Friday.

Got myself a new bike from Halfords so going on a looooooong bike ride tonight!

Anyway like i said just thought i'd share my progress!

Cheers for reading lads keep up the good work!

S0N

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Alright men.

Just started running seriously since about 2 weeks ago, and feel i have improved quite a bit.

I have done two 1.5mile best effort runs in the last 2 weeks, first time round i got 11:09, then again 2 nights ago and got 10:25. I'm well chuffed! Although i think i could of shaved a few more seconds from that if; 1) I hadn't stuffed myself at Big Luke's buffet only a couple hours earlier and wasn't being sick in my mouth as i was running, and 2) if my mate i was running with hadn't started running down the wrong street and i have to stop and shout to him to come back as he's going the wrong way (didn't stop the stopwatch for that).
Nevermind, Pleased i'm within the 10:30 though! Going to have another bash at that scheduled for Thursday. A much bigger improvement than before 2 weeks ago, when i was just farting around running, not taking it seriously. I would sometimes feel like i was *text deleted* have a heart attack after 1 mile! :saythat:

Also, last night i performed a kind of mock PJFT/PRMC 3 miler. Basically 2 x 1.5milers, with about a minutes rest between each. Basically as i'm just slowly building my stamina up, i'll soon move onto doing a full 3 mile run once i can complete the 2 x 1.5milers in the target time.
Anyway, my first 1.5miler was fine, 12:03. Unfortunately, my second one was 10:52. Bit of a bummer. Agin, still please with the times though, and i'll be doing that again on Friday.

S0N

Nice! :applaus:

Keep it up. Im just wondering though you said your first 1.5 miles was 12:03 and the second was 10:52. How come your second one was faster and how was that a bummer? Sorry Im a bit confused *text deleted*. :albert:

stoker0nine

Reaction score
Nice! :applaus:

Keep it up. Im just wondering though you said your first 1.5 miles was 12:03 and the second was 10:52. How come your second one was faster and how was that a bummer? Sorry Im a bit confused *text deleted*. :albert:

Thanks!

Had a feeling someone would ask this when i read it over *text deleted*.

Just because i was trying to mimic the PJFT, so the PJFT is the first 1.5miler in 12:30, then the second 1.5miler in 10:30, the same as the 3 mile run at PRMC. So i was tryin to mimic that. So i slowed my pace down for the first 1.5mile, but wasn't quite quick enough the second 1.5mile *text deleted* :laugh:

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks!

Just because i was trying to mimic the PJFT, so the PJFT is the first 1.5miler in 12:30, then the second 1.5miler in 10:30, the same as the 3 mile run at PRMC. So i was tryin to mimic that. So i slowed my pace down for the first 1.5mile, but wasn't quite quick enough the second 1.5mile *text deleted* :laugh:

ahh I understand you now :cheesy:

*text deleted*

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks!

damn, how long u been running? great progress by the way and its good to keep track *text deleted* well for me its good motivation! *text deleted* u still got the 'eye of the tiger' i been running for a year, just started my application process and i just cant really b arsed to run anymore! *text deleted* not a good thing when im this close! *text deleted* took a full week off! and now am wishin i didnt *text deleted* i need to catch up agen! :(

proudtobebritish

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
damn, how long u been running? great progress by the way and its good to keep track *text deleted* well for me its good motivation! *text deleted* u still got the 'eye of the tiger' i been running for a year, just started my application process and i just cant really b arsed to run anymore! *text deleted* not a good thing when im this close! *text deleted* took a full week off! and now am wishin i didnt *text deleted* i need to catch up agen! :(

How far do you normally run mate?

stoker0nine

Reaction score

Alright mate, thanks!

I hate running aswel. only this last 10 days i've been taking it seriously. Running bores me. On a treadmill i would literally give up, because boredom sets in before fatigue does. However, over these last 10 days i've not set foot on a treadmill, just made myself some cool adventureous routes along the road/hills etc just to keep it fun. Unfortunately PJFT is on a treadmill =( And that's *text deleted* be the most boring part of my whole, entire life.

Hopefully be able to keep this up, i've got myself a training programme which i'll hopefully stick to, which involves 3 days of exercise, then 1 day off, then 3days exercise, then 1 day, and repeat etc. Worked so far!

What are your times? I've got my application ready, just not sure when to actually hand it in. Dunno if i need to do a lot more training first?

S0N

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You are making good progress at the momemnt mate. I have to break somthing to you tho which no one else has mentiond.. The run at PJFT has changed to 3 miles (4.8km) in a time under 22 mins, because of all the fails on the PRMC.
My advice to you is keep doing your 1.5 mile run untill you get 9mins 30 or below then start to increase by half a mile or 1mile.
3 times a week for a month you should crack it. Best of luck mate

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yea i *text deleted* plan rounds where the halfway point is furthest from house, so i have to run back. I get so bloody bored running these days it's unreal - i used to do cross country as a kid so that might explain.

Nice times and keep up the good work, nobody realises just how much a week or two actually can improve you.

stoker0nine

Reaction score
Richard: Thanks, trying really hard to constantly improve. I *text deleted* be able to join up ASAP.
Yeah i heard the PJFT changed to 3 miles, which is what i tried to mimic last night...is it not a 1.5mile then a 1 minute rest then another 1.5mile? That's what i thought it was. Or is it just a 3 miler straight off the trot?
Cheers for the advice aswell mate i'll do that!

Mr Skippy: Cheers for that buddy. And yeah, *text deleted* admit i was one of those who didn't believe much progress could be made in a week or two ha ha. I was always *text deleted**text deleted* at cross country, so that's why i find long distance hard and
boring. Good at sprints though.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea you do have a 1 min rest, but its not a complete standstill you set the tredmill on a lower speed. So when you think you get tired when running on terrain, just do a jog/ slow run so your still moving atleast. I dont stop my stopwatch atall even if i have to stop. It does get you moving when you imagion what time your on i do that alot!

stoker0nine

Reaction score
Awesome thanks Richard mate i'll keep that in mind, wasn't aware of that. I'll take your advice and sort out a good time with the 1.5milers then i'll up it to 3milers.

Just out of curiosity, are you (and everyone else) training for even higher runs, such as 8 or 10 milers, before handing in the application? Or just sticking with like being able to do 3 - 5 milers in good time?

Cheers again.

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey stoker and well done, just giving my input. i just do 3 mile and 6 mile runs. but maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks ill go for a long run for a couple of hours or less and according to google earth its like 10 miles, only if i'm up for it though, my bodys aching after a run like that ha

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Before i got my injury i was on 9:31, and i haven't tested myself since, but i do 3 miles in roughly 22 minutes, not flat but up and down hills.

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alright men.

S0N

Excellent stuff, matey. Only thing I can say is just keep doing what your doing and your current rate of progress should excel even further (=

I, myself, started running properly again last monday. Baring in mind this were the first time I've gone running meaningfully for about 15 months. 15 months ago were when things were kinda put on hold due to circumstances beyond my control. Anyway, I attempted a timed 3 miler, and I were only 6 seconds off the maximum 22 and a half minutes allowed. I were proper made up with myself and it has given a lot of confidence and motivation. I mean, fair do's my Calves and Quads were banging like hell for about 2 days afterwards :laugh: But I've been running 4 times since then and everything feels like it's coming back nicely :D

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, first week usually sucks balls, i cough up all sorts of *text deleted**text deleted* haha, after second week its clear sailing..

Taggart91

Reaction score
JMH: Is your time serious running 3 miles in under 15 minutes?
You have to have made a typeing mistake there?

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I not long came back from a 6.4 miler. The first 3 miles I did in about 22 minutes but the last 3 miles were like hell. A few times on the way back I had to slow down to fast walking speed but most of it I ran. A lot of it was uphill on the way back which made it tough.

Ok so it looks like I can't do 6.4 miles straight without going to walking speed at times on the way back but I did it in 59.48 so I'm pleased I did it in under the magical hour :laugh: Not to mention that I also did it without breakfast! I heard runs before breakfast are better, as it uses body fat as energy instead.

I use to do this sort of distance on the tredmill without stopping but on road I found it way tougher. I think I'll be taking just a 3 mile route on Friday :laugh:

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome thanks Richard mate i'll keep that in mind, wasn't aware of that. I'll take your advice and sort out a good time with the 1.5milers then i'll up it to 3milers.

Just out of curiosity, are you (and everyone else) training for even higher runs, such as 8 or 10 milers, before handing in the application? Or just sticking with like being able to do 3 - 5 milers in good time?

Cheers again.
Yea i am i dont no about anyone else. My aim is to run 6 miles comftable before i go for my PRMC, most fails is to do with running. So yea id advise to go on runs longer then the reqierment..
Good luck

JOEY

Reaction score
remember when youre doing youre mock pjft to have the treadmill on a 2 degrees rise. I dont usually do a mock pjft i just run untill i feel exhausted etc. I have attempted a mock pjft with the first 1.5 mile dne in 12.13 at a treadmill speed of 7.4 or 8.06min per mile. then the second mile in 9.21 at a speed of 9.5 through most of it the i just upped the speed towards the end. *text deleted* you should see me at the end of 20mins worth of running im sweating like a *text deleted**text deleted*er *text deleted*