Running Tip

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just to anyone who cares to read, i found out a great technique to build your speed up along with fartlek runs and hill sprinting of course, or normal hill running.
mix up all that with forced running on a machine at a gym or something.
for example set the speed a little highter than your comfortable with, and keep doing that until u can do it, then set it another speed higher, so on and so forth, but make sure you push yourself through the 1.5 or 3 miler whichever your aiming for.
so for example, set your running speed a couple km per hour higher or one mph or two higher than usual. it has to really hit you when your done. *text deleted* then after a month or two you will be great under the time of 10 minutes for the 1.5 and your 22 for the 3 miler.
just a small tip but hoped it helped, worked with me and my times have been shaving off loads. i run a 21.31 now on 3 miles instead of 22.02. Thats after 2 weeks of the mix training.
good luck to all ;)

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I would have to agree with that as well, to help up your times. Because running outside is good, but on a treadmill you have to maintain a constant speed, so you can actually push it a bit further. But make sure it is on incline 2 degrees minimum, that is the equivalent of running on roads I think.

Duffy 93

Reaction score
:) thanks for the tip mate. im *text deleted* have to try that 1 out:)

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yea nice tip mate. Also running in different weather is good so you get used to them all.. *text deleted* started to run with a stop watch too and look at it every mile i do. My target is to do 7 mins a mile which im making alot, it does help to push you to the limit.