Running

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
with regards to running routes etc... i find that it is now becoming extremely boring the same old routes around my area, it is really getting me down A LOT!

i keep thinking about the Green Beret but i have been doing it far to many times this route and need something to help me !!

i have been on mapmyrun.com or w/e but i still am getting bored with those runs to.

help!

CJ

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
find somewhere you go often and make a route around that.

for example i go to college 4 days a week and i have a great loads of off road tracks up hill and down hill, i just run around it after college or just before.

I know what you mean though, if i was you instead of just going on the streets you know just go everywhere, even if sometimes it means doing a u-turn at the end of the road. What i find most boring is a circuit, just running and seeing the same thing twice or maybe 3 times, do something like running to and/or from work, college, girlfriends ect. and just mix up the way you go even if it is the long way or you just go down a random side street, or just think to yourself that your going to go out on a run and litrally run anywhere, dont plan it just think ok i will run down there etc etc.. and do it for however long and then when you get home find out the milage.

sorry if i repeated myself a couple times.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The first couple of weeks is awesome you think you're doing great and then you get bored and it just becomes a repeated imagine in your brain, you even know who's going to drive past you at exact points in your run..

I started running my usual route but veering off places I've never been before and have never mapped out. I live near alot of quiet lanes (basically back roads used by farmers who barely anyone else goes down), woods and public footpaths across and around farmers fields. I started taking these routes and they kept my intrest in running and kept my mind of keeping a pace because I didn't know how far I was running or when my run would end.

All my advice to you is be adventurous. Do a 3 miler but take that road you've never been down before but always look at no matter how far it is you won't know how far it is at the time and it can start adding miles without you thinking about it.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i have been down all the roads down by mine, but there is no woods or fields or anything just built up. how ever there is a beach but once you have been down there 100's of times that to gets boring.

the only way i get to go to the 'country' is a drive but i don't drive and parents won't take me every weekend. so i am stuck for choice.

dovey1001rm

Reaction score
hiya *text deleted* i was the same before my PRMC. what used to work for me was singing in my head because earphones neva used to stick in *text deleted*. i run 3 miles 3 times a week and 1 long one at end. but my most boring part same as you was running the same old route, i then looked to changing route which worked fo me, for abit. but then i suddenly changed back to my old route, but what motivated me was that everytime i went out for a run id say im gona beat my last time and when i did i was proud and felt like i could do it again, but when i didnt i used to wake up thinkin im gona do it this n giv it my all which sometimes i did and sometimes i didnt but when i didnt it used to to wind me up which i used to take out on my punchin bag, until i cracked it which could take me about 2 weeks-(speaking with experience) but once you do u feel you can take on the world! sorry bout essay but its what worked for me and still does!! good luck with your training and remember failing to prepare, is preparing to fail!

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
cheers guys,

am *text deleted* just think right 3 miles same route all i am doing is beating this time.

so simple it just might work.

jimmy mal

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried the run jog walk website (or something like that can't quite remember waht it is) It will calculate loads of different routes around where you live so you can do a different one each day. I think theres a thread on here somewhere about it ninja might be able to help you.

Jim

MTLloyd

Reaction score
Have you tried the run jog walk website (or something like that can't quite remember waht it is) It will calculate loads of different routes around where you live so you can do a different one each day. I think theres a thread on here somewhere about it ninja might be able to help you.

Jim
Walk Jog Run, 'tis here: http://www.walkjogrun.net/

The link is also in a thread stickied at the top of this section.