Running!! :(

caf20012

Reaction score
Ok so i plan to apply for the PRMC and go down my local AFCO in around January. The biggest issue for me currently is the running. The PJFT Run has been upped to 1.5miles in 12.30min with 2 incline then 1 minute rest then 1.5miles in 10.30minutes with 2 incline. I currently am struggling on this and wondered whats the best advice. Do i have enough time??

Please give me tips :)

Thanks guys

steve14

Reaction score
What is your run time now? The 12.30 time should be pretty easy right?

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mate you have loads of time. It may take up to 6 months to complete the application process so if you start training now then you should be ok. Just get used to running the distance, and don't train on treadmills. They are no good for increasing you fitness. Get out on the road and only use treadmills to practice your timed runs. Road running will get you fitter.

Luke

steve14

Reaction score
Got to say, your other scores, Push ups/ sit ups/ pill ups are very impressive.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Im sure you can scrap of 30 seconds on the actual day plus you havnt applied yet right? so you will have plenty of time from now till the day of your assesment

caf20012

Reaction score
No i currently havent applyed yet. Currently i have problems running the 12.30run on the treadmill. Im going to do some outdoors running today and most of next week then hit the treadmill again and see if i can improve.

steve14

Reaction score
Try a fartkek,If you do the same 1.5 mile run all the time, pick two landmarks, one half way through and the other a quarter form the end, Sprint at these two points.

For example I run in a rectangle around the common, first bit I jog, second bit I sprint, third bit I jog, last bit home I sprint. After time extend these distances.

Hosking

Reaction score
Fartek Are great For things Like this, Every PE lesson At school we have to do this but only in a 20x20 Court Epic Suck also do more roadrunning Treadmills are an Epic Fail.