Running's Improved!

Roy Brown

Reaction score
OK i know i have only ran once but i done a 1.5 miler at a comfortable pace this morning and felt really good. But now i have more questions about other things! This morning i had a bowl of bran flakes and a glass of water for breakfast and then just before i went for the run i had a banana and when i came back i had a banana and just now i have had some sandwiches. But my question to you guys is you all say you have around 6 or 7 small meals a day but what exactly are those small meals? It seems the only things to eat are fruit, bread, fish, veg and meat!

Mnemic5

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Mainly snacks pal, stick to your 3 meals a day but mid morning, mid afternoon, evening snacks, i add like a bowl of cereal, protein shake, banana, whatever i can find, when we say meals its not like a full on meal, i know it isnt for me anways, may be different for other guys on here..,

Leedham

Reaction score
Good to know your runnings coming on roy, well done.

Im a pretty small framed guy and i have a fast metabolism so i have to eat resonable sized meals quite regularly (usually 6 a day, not including protein shakes) Typical day for me starts out with porridge in the morning 1hr 30 b4 a run, sanrnie when i get back (2 slices bread, some meat, salad and some mayo to up the callories. next is dinner wich is normally pasta salad with meat and a protein shake, then afternoon snack which would be a bag of nuts and an apple (and a few slices of ham if im hungry). pre workout about 30 min b4 i have a bananna and post workout another protein shake. For tea i have anything thats being cooked by the mother and then to finish off i have a few crackers with cottage cheese b4 bed to keep me goin through the night.

non workout days i loose the sandwhich after the run and just wait till dinner to eat.

I try to stick to the rule of consuming protein every 2 - 3 hours and tend not to bother about fatty and high callorie foods (often find myself at the maccy D's drive through) Only because im skinny though, need all the callories i can get.

jimmy mal

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Supplementary to the 3 main meals i also eat mid morning, mid afternoon and evening. Usually some fruit mid morning. A meat filled sandwhich mid afternoon and cereal or porridge in the evening.

Like chimairasam says it isn't full meals but more of a supplementary to the main meals. Like he says though other guys might do it differently.

Jim