runs

burny4125

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'v been thinking, what would benifit me more, short fast runs or long medium pace runs ??

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A mix up mate.

I personally do 3x 3 milers on road a week and do 2x 1.5 milers on a treadmill. Also do some longer runs..5/6 milers every now and again.

I also do bottom field training - sprinting, sit ups, press ups squats etc etc...really push yourself on this as it'll get you ready for what is meant to be the hardest part of the PRMC.

Also do some circuit training...

Press ups..
Legs Raisers..
Sit ups..
Crunches..

Do 3 sets of this 3 times a week.

Do all of this and you'll notice big differences :)

burny4125

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
A mix up mate.

I personally do 3x 3 milers on road a week and do 2x 1.5 milers on a treadmill. Also do some longer runs..5/6 milers every now and again.

I also do bottom field training - sprinting, sit ups, press ups squats etc etc...really push yourself on this as it'll get you ready for what is meant to be the hardest part of the PRMC.

Also do some circuit training...

Press ups..
Legs Raisers..
Sit ups..
Crunches..

Do 3 sets of this 3 times a week.

Do all of this and you'll notice big differences :)

Thanks I do circuit training aswell, been doing runs with a burgan aswell ;)

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would personally do a couple of 4/5 milers. With the first 3 miles at your quicket pace, then if you cant continue,slow it down for the last couple.

Then add in a sprint session. Either simple 100m sprints,jog back x10. Or try adding excercises into it for a taste of bottom field at PRMC. So you could sprint 100m,10 burpees, 10 squats,jog back, x 5-10.
Also try using a football or rugby pitch. Either sprint the lengths/widths and jog the opposite. Or add excercises at each corner. So make each of the four corners an excersise, one corner could be pressups, one situps, one burpees and one squats.

Hill training is also good.

And then add in a long run if you like at the end of each week,maybe at a slower pace.