Rusty

Loz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This is on behalf of Rusty:

Hey up guys, seems like i've been banned :S Any idea why?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Just sent him an email explaining things to Rusty.

Rusty hasn't been banned and is a valued member of this site. However it has become apparent that every post and every question has been answered by a certain individual.

So Rusty has been put on "Ration" status and this means he is allowed to post 3 posts in each section per day. Hopefully by doing this we can enthasise that this site is about quality of posts and not quantity.

The status is temporary and can be increased or removed as time goes by.

I'm sure a few of you will quietly agree with what has been done and Rusty should take it with a pinch of salt, as it's a light hearted way of pointing something out.

All the best
GW

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, i remember some one saying all his posts are 100% pure spam *text deleted*.

J

Jason_A

I wouldn't say it's SPAM. SPAM is completely different. I guess he just likes participating, and in my eyes, I don't think he's done anything wrong.

I do however like the "ration" status *text deleted*.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Yes certainly he hasn't done anything wrong. Although he has some kind of rocket fuel flowing through his blood that just needs to be turned down a touch.

Plus he hasn't done something I didn't do when I was 16. It just takes a little time and experience to work out that sometimes if you give a view on everything, some people start to think you are a "know it all".

It is temporary and will be removed in time.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yea its class, when i saw that i thought there this new classing systme like if you got like 100 posts you get the name ration on your name or in that kind of way.

akerfish

In RT
Reaction score
i saw a while back that mattb was banned. any1 know why that was?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Matt was banned because he posted some disrespectful remarks about one of the mods or admins.

It wasn't a disagreement, it went much further than that so I banned Matt indefinitely from the site.

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
What about Crackhour? Just curious thats all :)

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info GW, such a pity when people cant behave themselves.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
With regards crackhour I have my suspicions that he never had any intentions of joining.

Seemed the guy (who was 32) when he first posted, never seemed in any hurry to get on a prmc or start training. Although those are my personal thoughts.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
just out of curiosity what are all the satuses a person can have? i know of active member, mod, admin, banned, rationed memeber and Royal Marine Commando. Anymore?

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
The custom default groups with member numbers are

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation-- Administrators3- Moderators5-Registered Users996- Super Moderators-- Unregistered / Not Logged In-- Users Awaiting Email Confirmation66

Custom Groups are
Banned Users8-On Rations2- Resigned1-

Some people are registered users but have a different title under their names. For example it may say "RM Corporal" but are still registered users.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
oh by the way how would someone go about becoming a moderator?

if you dont want to answer incase everyone might try to become a mod then its ok. i was just woundering

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You're invited to become a Mod.

If you are going to be a help to the site, ie Technical, making images and logos etc.

Also, chances are if you're a serving Commando, with enough time to come into the site enough etc etc, you might be made one.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I was like this once, it's just as time goes on you feel less interested or have less time to post about everything.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
that's mad that he is set to rationed. i LOVE this site and am on here ALL the time. i hope it does not happen to me! Although i don't post on every thread i read. i only post if i have something half interesting to say!

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
In Rusty's case it was only done in a light hearted fashion, part of joining will mean you need to have a sense of humour, which most of you will have and Rusty should see that we were only joking.

The other 2 went way overboard with what they posted. Just to carry on from that don't think that you are going to be banned from the site for disagreeing with anyone, admins and mods included. The incidents in the 2 banning instances went much further than disagreements.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yup totally mate, Understand exactly why im on this rations jobby :laugh: , I Must say i do post rather alot!.

Your lucky your not coming on this yomp greywing i never stop speaking mate! :laugh:, Feel sorry for loz whos driving me up there haha.

Sam