SaBRE -Advice & Support for reservists & employers.

sooty795

Reaction score
cheers ninja, great site! it answered losts of my questions!

sooty

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
What if you are self employed?

Advice for self-employed reservists is also on the site together with financial aspects of mobilisation.

Also, be sure to let your employer know you maybe deployed overseas.
biggrin.gif

rmrwannabe

Reaction score
Just an add onto that, I'm going through flight training at the moment and hopefully (if all goes to plan!) is to do the RMR phase1 and 2 during college, but my carreer ambition on civvy street is to fly for an airline, I have spoke to many employing airlines that have intrest in my flying school and there is a good chance that on completion of training I would be automatically inducted into these carriers.

However, the dilema is these airlines would most likely ship me up to inverness/glasgow 9long way from sussex!
, and on a shift pattern of 5 on 3 off, and vice versu.

This is probably a dilema for RMR as of me changing 'home base' as it where.

What advice would you give me on joining the RMR with ambitions such as those, bearing in mind it is a few years off ...

Thanks ! :)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you are over 15 years & 9 months, talk to your local RMR unit to investigate whether it's possible to transfer & continue your training elsewhere.

Billyboy114

Reaction score
Ninja, any ideas why this 'SABRE' website has changed (for the worse)? It used to give personal accounts, state which employers support reservists and so on, now it seems just to give the legislation and employers rights.

I've searched Google but it seems the old site has been gone for some time now

Billyboy114

Reaction score
Yes I could see that they changed their name already, what I'm getting at is where is all the decent content that was there before? It's really poor compared to what I used to be