Sand

James.

Reaction score
Hey guys!

well i just started training a few month ago, i started to run down the beach with a mate who is also looking at the marines :D
well we managed to do 3miles in 20:58 and the first 1.5miles in like 9:30(we were soo dead *text deleted*), just wondering if this is good and is running on the sand a good idea ?
we run on the soft and wet stuff depends on the tide *text deleted*

pressups i can do about 30ish in 1 min
Situps i havent realy started to get back into yet

cheers,

James

Mr T

Reaction score
You Can do 9.30 1.5mile on sand?? you just be some super human or something!!

When you get onto the road and the treadmill for the PJFT and the PRMC it should be easy

James.

Reaction score
u dont know how dead we were after the 3miles *text deleted* we basicly sprinted the first 1.5 miles i was so over the moon i made 3 miles on sand !! because normaly i can only do about 10 laps slow jog on a 400m track

and by *text deleted* comment im guessing its a good time to improve on *text deleted*

Mr T

Reaction score
Yeah definatly, just work on the pull ups, press ups and the sit ups as well

James.

Reaction score
yer i need to get into the swing of situps, pushups im ok with i think. i started to do sum dumbells 10kg reps of about 10 for bicept.
its just motivation *text deleted* since winter is comming and were running down on the coast it gets oh sooo windy!
but i suck at the bleep i think i only got like level 5, so i still got alot of training ahead!

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
but i suck at the bleep i think i only got like level 5, so i still got alot of training ahead!
cant be right if you can do 3 miles on sand in that time you must be able to do more than level 5, thatd mean about 15 kph on sand for 3 miles... u sure its 3 miles not 3km?

pompey606

Reaction score
lshort has a point that is a quick time for running on sand so only doing lvl 5 on the bleepy test!

James.

Reaction score
i havent done a recent bleep, but that was my last test a while ago, now i started running again i got to do a new1, sorry for the confusion there.

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey James you sure it was 3 mile? try measuring it out on google earth. thats how I know how far all my runs are. Qucickest Ive ever done my 3 miler is 23 mins (with shin splints though) and that was on tarmac.

James.

Reaction score
hahahahaha NOOOOOOOOOO!!

just used that walkjogrun site and it rekons we did aprox 2.5miles in 20:58 *text deleted* need another half mile on there *text deleted*.

well last nite we went out down the beach and just did 5.5miles on the sand, It was FREEZIN !!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
"Sandy" Training on sand General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat 0
G Pyro Sand 2 Jollies Bar 11
C Sand Jollies Bar 11