sas down under ( a must watch )

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Started watching that now, pretty interesting.

From what I hear the Australian SAS is pretty nails, so I imagine the New Zealand one you be nails as well, I think they all deployed on operations in Vietnam during the war as well.

Anyone know what the selection and training is like? Harder than the British SAS?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've started watching this too,
it's a good watch,
first episode really showed how hard it is,
and that was just so you could be allowed to start the 9 months basic training :eek:.

Joe

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ye i saw that aswell before, they had to do gym tests in there gas masks used for CT ops to get used to breathing in them.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Started watching that now, pretty interesting.

From what I hear the Australian SAS is pretty nails, so I imagine the New Zealand one you be nails as well, I think they all deployed on operations in Vietnam during the war as well.

Anyone know what the selection and training is like? Harder than the British SAS?
Think It was First Into Action that I read it in that said the Aussie SAS had the highest kill rate per soldier in Nam.

No Idea if it's harder, I don't suspect so but I know they train with each other etc

Gtlaau

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Read in a few books down here
namely terry o farrel etc etc.. that the aussies who were in viet nam had a confirmed kill rate of 500-1 against the VC. the one aussies who bought the bullet wasnt killed because of direct action either. i think it was a booby trp or mine or something.

milky

Reaction score
yeah i've seen loads on sky, on the later ones (i think) they parachute into a major city at night and have to take a building in a time limit and without being seen. deffo worth watching as theres a lot of cap tipping to the uk forces.