SAS in Recruiting Crisis

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
The SAS is struggling for recruits because Paras want to fight the Taliban in Afghanistan rather than join the elite regiment, says the Sun.

More...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
well it can't be that much of a crisis as they haven't made the phonecall to me yet...

M

MTW

hmmmm a few key words to take on board there........."news by the Sun" *text deleted*

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
my god more sh*t from the sun, will they ever stop

Mitch

Reaction score
*Takes a large pinch of salt*

The amount of times you read stuff from 'newspapers' with 'genuine sources' saying stuff like this is unbelievable. Last time it was that the SBS' tactics weren't up to scratch and the SAS were being drafted in to train them up!

Mitch

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well what do you expect? The SAS and SBS are highly likely to see action and despite a high rate of skill and training there's also a greater risk of death and therefore they need more recruits. Needless to say, the Sun is about as accurate at news as my accuracy to the toilet.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
haha... what the fck does the sun know? tell me

rmcbeast

Reaction score
I would just like to point out a fact that people might have forgotten.

The other SAS units around the world i.e nzsas have their own websites and have produced media for their recruitment. Obviously they dont have the required ammount of intrest into the special forces that they need.

The SAS, our SAS, hasnt got a website (the SAS (R) has) and certainly hasnt agreed to any media attention i.e a series of programmes looking into the training and selection they do (nzsas has which is on youtube for anyone who wants to watch).

Therefore they have the amount of recruit intrest and the right amount of turnover they need for their operational needs.

The sun speaks absolute s*text deleted*t.

Peter.G

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Go on then, you've twisted my arm, I'll join up.

gibbs654

Reaction score
The SAS are the most elite trained soldiers in Britain alongside the SBS. The selection and training the go through is ridiculous, they dont just take every man and his dog into training youve got to be nails to get in there. They aint going to be asking the sun to recruit new men for them. The media is a sack of *text deleted**text deleted*.

calger14

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The 'Who Dares Wins' SAS usually takes six out of every ten rookies from the Parachute Regiment.

Thats not true is it?

Ross154

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Not as rookies no, but the majority of the SAS are Para's (ie: from the Para's) I believe. And as stated above, the SAS are hardly likely to turn to The Sun for recruitment. They'd go to Ninja first, like he says.

Distant.RM.Cooper

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Not as rookies no, but the majority of the SAS are Para's

That's been claimed not to be totally true, a lad on here said when he was on his PRMC that he had a chat about SF with a PTI. The PTI said most SAS troopers in the Regiment are Royal Marines and as said for SBS obviously.

Clewsy1988

Reaction score
May not be true but i think i hered some where that around 60% of our special forces start off as royal marines.