SAS kill hundreds of terrorists in 'secret war'

et-adams

Reaction score
SAS is nails. Proper Nails. Marines and Paras are reasonably nails. SAS are the manufacturers of Nails.... I wish I was nails.

I'm from the SouthEast of England, where there was this ex SAS trooper who left the regiment because he was a cross-dresser. Anyway, he used to roam a town called Eastbourne in drag, insisting people call him by his assumed 'lady-name' (Shirley of something) Some police tried to arrest him for drunk and disorderly on a train and when they refused to call him by his female name he decked SIX police officers. 4 of whom ended up with broken limbs...

hahaha... classic.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
Yeah, the SAS do eat gunpowder and nails and *text deleted**text deleted* bullets.

Paddy Mayne, who took over from David Stirling leading the SAS in North Africa was a good soldier, but pretty crazy. After the war, he'd get drunk in bars and trash up the place. The Police had a standing order that when they were called to a disturbance involving him, there had to be at least ten of them. To his credit, when he sobered up he always went around and payed for the damage.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Oh dear, the effects of war i guess. Still, respect to this guy for just being ex-SAS.

In my work experience, there was an exSAS guy, and he told me all about his selection to the operations he was on. Fascinating stuff, I want to join the SAS now *text deleted*.

hazza190

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Oh dear, the effects of war i guess. Still, respect to this guy for just being ex-SAS.

In my work experience, there was an exSAS guy, and he told me all about his selection to the operations he was on. Fascinating stuff, I want to join the SAS now *text deleted*.
Where did you do work experience??
I did mine in a office:bigsmile:

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No I was in a hospital, portering. Problem with being ex military sometimes is that if you don't have any qualifications, degrees or whatever then you may end up with a crappy job... such as portering (no offence if anyone of you is a porter though). Any way, I'm not bullsh*tting anyofyou.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Mum trains a load of forces who are on medical training in A&E in Cardiff... funny enough alot are Para's, training in Cardiff? What?:wacko:
Some have actually said they are special forces though.

C

critchmufc

No-one ever mentions the SBS, who i beleive to be better and longer training, the marine at the AFCO told me it was 15 months

and it was in the paper that a few few weeks ago the SBS Commandos killed one of the talibans biggest terrorists, after a 4 hour firefight

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
interesting to note that in Task Force Black the attrition rate is higher in the Delta lads than the SAS, wonder if that's due to mission assignment or calibre of soldier?

hazza190

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
interesting to note that in Task Force Black the attrition rate is higher in the Delta lads than the SAS, wonder if that's due to mission assignment or calibre of soldier?
I'm just thinkin the SAS kicks ass better than delta force.
But I think there were more Delta blokes in the mission.

hazza190

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
dont think it's just that mate- "If anything, the attrition rate in Delta Force is higher"
Wait a minute while I just look up attrition in a dictionary *text deleted*...
Aha I see, I would just guess that the SAS are just a far higher quality of soldier. I wonder what the Americans would say to that:weird:

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
No-one ever mentions the SBS, who i beleive to be better and longer training, the marine at the AFCO told me it was 15 months

and it was in the paper that a few few weeks ago the SBS Commandos killed one of the talibans biggest terrorists, after a 4 hour firefight
That is pretty much the way its meant to be i would think, people are not meant to know what special forces get up too and articles could just as easily be propaganda.

C

critchmufc

true, i also heard that the SBS are more secretive than the SAS so this may be the reason

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Would explain why they are called "The INVISIBLE Raiders"

Well done to SAS and Delta force though :applaus:

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

The SBS are probably involved in this but when the media mention 'SF' they always just say SAS.

S

Sotiris

This is how we need to fight this war! Go after the buggers, not sit by check points waiting for something to go off. Like Alexander The Great said, always attack. Makes any bomb maker or militant crap their panties to know that there's someone hunting them.

Nacnud

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, the SBS is always underappreciated. just because of eddie stone publicising and john macaleese, who looks like Capt price from COD4.

SBS get way more training. Also, they get to keep their green berets, they look much cooler than the sand coloured berets of the SAS.