SBS kill Taliban leader

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Published: Today
rigTeaserImage

A TALIBAN chief behind suicide attacks on British troops has been shot dead in a daring operation by elite forces in Afghanistan.

The Special Boat Service ambushed Mullah Abdul Matin as he crossed a desert on a motorbike.

They were dropped into his path by helicopter after a tip-off on his whereabouts. Matin spotted them and opened fire with an AK47 rifle but he was cut down in a hail of bullets.

Two henchmen with him – one his key lieutenant Mullah Karim Agha – were also killed in the firefight.

Matin, who was in his 40s, was killed on Monday near Gereshk in war-torn Helmand province.

Troops recovered night vision goggles, grenades and a detonator.

Matin, a deputy of Taliban chief Mullah Omar, had been one of the Coalition’s top targets for several months.

He had planned several suicide bomb attacks on British convoys, killing two British servicemen and wounding a dozen in the last 18 months.

His fanatics are thought to have murdered Royal Marine Gary Wright, 22, from 45 Commando in October 2006, and Sgt Dave Wilkinson, 33, from 19 Regiment Royal Artillery, last July.

He is also thought to be behind the murders of dozens of Afghan civilians.

British Forces spokesman in Helmand, Lieutenant Colonel Simon Millar, said: “Mullah Matin’s been a priority target for some time. He commanded fighters and reported directly to the highest Taliban levels of command.

“He’s responsible for the kidnapping of local nationals, had links with the narcotics trade and had provided security to the traffickers.”

NATO spokesman Brigadier General Carlos Branco said the Taliban had suffered “another severe setback”.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article830969.ece

I know it's the scum but anyway, nicely done

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
So Good to hear that they have killed one of the "bad guys" again!.. The more of the f*ckers get killed the better our world will be!..

Keep the good work up fellas!

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I think it will take awhile but they will slowly be worn down....and hopefully the Royal Marines will come from the sea quicker than the Taliban come from the desert.

ninjamej

Reaction score
yo

hello i was wondering if this is true that if you have a tatto of wat country your from or of u regiment u cant join the s.b.s is that true or not ???

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
hello i was wondering if this is true that if you have a tatto of wat country your from or of u regiment u cant join the s.b.s is that true or not ???
I've heard that too,
but to be honest,
by the way you speak and look,
they'll figure out you're English,
and about the whole regiment thing,
I'd rather have Royal Marine tattooed on me than SBS,
but it's upto them,
drop em an email,
or someone will come along soon and clear it up.

Joe

squirrell.e

Reaction score
good news

thats awesome! good old sbs a critical confidence and marale boost id say to at this moment in time.

M

MTW

SBS/SAS are hunting them all down,have been for years, once they kill all the top brass the war will be over.

Gazza_7

Reaction score
Old topic to reply to but *text deleted* say ...

God bless the Special Boat Service ! :applaus: