Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

SC interview

Discussion in 'General Archives' started by Commando24., Feb 1, 2016.

1. Commando24.

Commando24. Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi everyone,

I just got an email about having an face to face talk with SC as they want more information, with the form they gave me I had to put a full address, for INTERVIEW AVAILABILITY. Would that be my personal address?

And what will did they talk about? I had mine done last year and it was ok, this is just a review.

Could some one give me some advice.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

If you had an SC interview last year and you require an update SC interview, then odds are it will logically follow the same format and venue.

If this is the first time you have been interviewed, then the address is the venue you wish to be interviewed at. You could ask your AFCO if they have an interview room available for this in the event you do not want a home call.

The topic is usually something to do with criminal convictions, pending court appearances, membership of political activist groups, or financial issues such as CCJs, defaulted loans etc. Nothing to worry about, just be 100% honest.

3. Commando24.

Commando24. Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Oh ok- Yes ninja it is my first time having it as last year I have done it.

I just called them and they answered and said it is common as it is easier just to get information rather then sending emails around.

4. Commando24.

Commando24. Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ninja, when i send the form how long do the organise the face to face interview?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Can be anything from 4 to 12 weeks off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Commando24.

Commando24. Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks Ninja, I'm little worried cause last time they just asked me 2 questions to declare as i forgot to put it down on the address, I'm up stractch with paying my debts but nothing major and never committed a crime.

7. Commando24.

Commando24. Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ninja i would like to ask how long does this interview take? Because I read online it is around 3 hours long. What kind of documents would I bring also?

They did email me for one information they wanted to know but I just want to know the purpose of the interview, just making me nervous thats all which I don't like being.

I have posted the letter for them and my AFCO was happy to conduct the interview at the Career Office.

Some advice will be most appericiated as I got my PRMC coming up in March.

One last thing, if i am still waiting for my SC and I pass my PRMC can i still start RT?

Thanks for the help you always give :)

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

The AFCO has no input with regard the duration or content of the interview - if you have queries ahead of the interview, you will need to talk to DBS, but grab a chair before ringing - you can wait a considerable time before you get a reply 01904 662 644....or email them: [email protected].

You cannot start Recruit Training until SC is granted.

9. Commando24.

Commando24. Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi Ninja, my SC application has shows as completed on DBS NSV, and my AFCO said that he is waiting for SC to be issued to him. Does that mean they will send him a confirmation? And when it shows as completed means everything went ok? I'm asking this because i want to start RT in end of June/ beginning July

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

DBS send a letter to your AFCO, but as it says 'completed' you can request an entry date is allocated.

• Like Like x 1
  11. blindman3004

blindman3004 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    At what stage is SC done? Is this after PRMC? I was born in Australia, lived in a couple different countries since then...I think I was 10 when I moved to UK and lived here ever since. I'm worried SC may take longer to process then normal because of this? Would like to start the RT as soon as possible. Providing I pass PRMC on the April 19th.

12. Commando24.

Commando24. Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks Ninja :) its been a while that it has been completed, so if i contact my afco
    Thanks ninja, its been a while that is has been completed i think like 2 weeks. But i can still book RT as my AFCO said he needs to wait for SC to issued to him.

13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Assuming you passed your PJFT first attempt & haven't failed a PRMC previously there's no reason why your SC shouldn't be initiated prier to attending PRMC. A lot of people seem to think it costs the service lots of money, but it costs the service about sixty quid. Ask your careers adviser if you can get it underway otherwise you'll be waiting a good while after passing PRMC.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  14. Commando24.

Commando24. Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    @Ninja_Stoker Hi Ninja, i just spoken to my AFCO and they told me that they need the SC posted to them and then they can book my intake for RT. Do you think it is a good idea to call DBS to get posted out to them? I actually got on to the phone to them once. I just want to lock my date in for RT