Scared

gibbo

Reaction score
I am only right at the beggining of my application process to be honest, but only weigh 59 kilos and need to get to 60, but running and exercising is only going to make me lose weight, if im not at the 60 mark for medical how long do i have to wait to have another 1?

cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You simply cannot be passed fit for entry until you are a minimum of 60Kg. If you're fit in all other respects, you just call back to your AFCO when you reach 60Kg, so the timescale is dependent on when you reach the target weight- much the same as those who are outside the BMI limits & are given a target to reach.

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Get eatin, my *text deleted*! ul get there n good luck

Wezzoo

Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about 1kg mate, u will put that on.. like PoyserRM said... get eatin hah! 3 cakes a day for u :)

gibbo

Reaction score
*text deleted* excellent, il just lay back and stuff my face for a while

Megalomaniac

Reaction score
Try to eat more of the right things. I had trouble with being under weight when I was younger. The dietician told me not to use the weight gaining protein shake stuff, but to have an extra slice of toast for breakfast, apple for lunch and chicken breast for dinner. You get the idea. :noworry:

S

Sotiris

Caaaaaaaaarbs!

Very simply put:

More calorie intake then calorie output = weight gain.

More calorie output then calorie intake = weight loss.

Keep doing your exercise, just eat a lot.

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
elo buddy!

how old r u? im assuming your close to 16? because just as you get older you will gain weight, so might just be a case of waiting it out!

however, the guy you really need to speak to is priar.. hes a bit into his shakes and food supplements.. but when your in a tight spot like you are, its good advice. because bear in mind.. when you train you lose weight.. i lost 2 kg's since march.. now i wasnt fat before, but it goes to show... im only a small fella, i was 66kg when i first applied, now im 64! im getting a little too close to this 60 kg cut off point for my own liking! but ive put on muscle... and burnt fat, yet still still lost weight, so it goes to show how much it change your body goes throgh.

http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7567... read this link

http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3980.. and read this link...

they are both about weight gaining.. the advice is generally pointed towards shakes and food supplements. these things can be expensive... but to be honest... you need to find a kilo without pigging out on kfc.. so you havent got much choice...

good luck buddy!

let us know how it goes.

mike