Scholarship Application Delay

Discussion in 'RM Officer questions' started by Kaza, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Kaza

Kaza New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Hi,

I am an applicant under the Reserved place scheme/ scholarship. I am currently struggling with injuries, the weight of a part time job, and my A Levels.

I am currently in my last year of a levels considering delaying my application just for a few months until I've got my a levels secured and can really smash AIB and POC.

However I am a little concerned that delaying my application will mean that my application has to be changed to a regular application as oppose to a scholarship or reserved place applicant? Or worse they will just cancel my application?? Can anyone shed some light on this??

I am worried about ringing my OCLC as I feel it may make me sound un interested, which i certainly am not I just want to ensure I've got the 180 UCAS behind me then I can go smash my remaining tests!

Thoughts and advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Canzmanz

Canzmanz Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Are you planning on going to university?

3. Kaza

Kaza New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    No, was planning on entry after finishing my A Levels

4. Canzmanz

Canzmanz Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ah right, I didn't think you could get the scholarship during the second year.

5. Kaza

Kaza New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Maybe it's the reserved place scheme I'm applying under. I haven't really been informed which it is.

6. Canzmanz

Canzmanz Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Haha and I wouldn't of thought they'd think your uninterested considering you've got this far and just explain to them your finding it difficult to juggle everything.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Scholarships are awarded to sixth formers, usually to those in year 11, occasionally year 12, exceptionally entering into year 13.

Have you completed the recruit test/medical/PJFT & Sift? What are your predicted A Level grades?

8. Kaza

Kaza New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    RT is done
    Medical is done
    Sift is done

PJFT needs re taking as it has expired. Then if I passed I would be on a November AIB then probably a POC early in the new year.

This is crucial revision time for my A Levels and I'd end up neglecting that to study for AIB and then to smash Phys for POC... Hence me wanting to delay,

My predicted A Levels are CCC.

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

To be honest, only a couple of scholarships are awarded each year and the odds of being awarded one retrospectively in year 13, a year after first passing your PJFT are very slim in any case.

I'd be inclined, as you indicate, to focus on accruing UCAS points with a view to accepting the fact you may not complete POC & AIB in time for September 2016 entry if you put back POC & AIB until June. Now is the ideal time to get POC & AIB cracked without affecting your A Levels, but if you are plagued by injuries over the last year...You are probably pushing it for 2016 if deferring now until June.

• Like Like x 1