Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Seamless transfer RMR Trained Ranks to Regular Royal Marines

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Ninja_Stoker, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Whereas previously, in recent years, due to a manpower surplus on the trained strength, a RMR Commando wishing to transfer to the regular service would need to undergo RM Recruit Training from scratch...but not now.

RMR Trained Ranks wishing to transfer seamlessly into the Regular RM should contact their local RMR Unit.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Avante

Avante New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thank you for clarifying this @Ninja_Stoker.

Lots of conflicting information about, but you have the credibility to back it up.

Regards

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Cheers, just been briefed by a Colonel, so can vouch for the veracity of this avenue to enter the Corps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Avante

Avante New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Time to crack on with my app now and get into training! Don’t want to miss this opportunity.

5. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    How long will this pathway be open? Foreseeable future or is it a short term thing. Looking at the other thread ref: mobilisation I'm assuming long term.

6. westy

westy Well-Known Member

Is RM manpower that low?

7. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    There was less than 10 troops at CTC when I joined and the CO literally gave us a talk telling us how low manpower is and that everyone is vital to passout etc

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

There's no information on this but my guess is it will be one of the longer term projects. In military speak, the word used is "enduring".
    It is getting too close for comfort. In military speak; "squeaky bum". Not so long ago, we had a trained rank manpower surplus of over 300. Not seen any figures published yet, but my best guess is we are probably that many UNDER trained strength.

9. westy

westy Well-Known Member

That’s crazy how quick it all fluctuates!! If I was a lot fitter and maybe a little younger I’d give it a crack!! I only have until November to start :confused:

10. JWJ

JWJ Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    9 months is a lot of time.

11. westy

westy Well-Known Member

But about a years worth of work :( plus if I got lumbered up at 43 the wife would have a personality failure :confused:

• Seen Seen x 1
  12. LRL

LRL Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Got to do what you got to do mate. I know my relationship isn’t comparable to yours but I’m willing to sacrifice it for a chance to be in the corps

13. R

R Well-Known Member

There should have been a distinction in the manning figures, between trained strength and those that had submitted notice, or were in the MBOS process.

Heard some figures last week in a conversation about how the shortfall is receiving attempted redress, but the organisational objectives aren't going anywhere.

If you were an RMR rank wanting to transfer it is a golden opportunity to transfer to Regular, or atleast get on some good trips to fill the regular manpower shortfalls. There are some really good STTT's at the moment.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  14. Xerath

Xerath Well-Known Member

@Ninja_Stoker
    Would the shortfall in manning have any affect on those wishing to transfer from another service? Or would that have nothing to do with the transfer process?

15. Mr D

Mr D Well-Known Member

Every cloud....an all that ;)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  16. westy

westy Well-Known Member

She’s already my second, I’m only 32!!

• Like Like x 1