Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Second time's a charm (re-introduction!)

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by HLNL, Apr 18, 2012.

1. HLNL

HLNL New Member

Hi, this is my second account for this site (first was "BloodBank") but I really had to start a new one, as the other was kinda tainted by my apathy - never actually doing anything towards becoming a Royal Marines Officer (my goal) - leading me on a short tangent after college and before realising that it's all I've really wanted for the last 3 years of my life

Anyway, this time round I'm putting my all into it, because I want it. So one of my colleagues convinced me to start an application for the Navy as a Warfare Officer, but I quickly hit the physical requirements and figured I should reach for the stars, so here I am - going to switch my application over asap and my Psychometric test is on 24.04.2012

Sorry for the lengthy intro :bigsmile:

See y'all around, anyway

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome back!

Best of luck with the application - at risk of teaching you to suck eggs, be aware the Recruiting Test scores for Officer have increased significantly: no-longer-validshowthread.php?t=3149[/url]

3. Connor!

Connor! New Member

Interesting I also applied for warfare officer in the navy, I'm going for marines other ranks now.... Good luck with training 'no pain, no gain'

4. Utopia

Utopia Member

My initial enquiries were Warfare Officer as well. As soon as I made the VA standard for RM though I made the switch...

EDIT: Changed 'inquiries' to 'enquiries'. I hate the nuances of this language!

5. HLNL

HLNL New Member

Hmmm, must be some subliminal messaging on the DVD :laugh:

Cheers guys and I'm halfway between thanking you, and cursing your name there, Ninja - but think I should be ok (fingers crossed) :eek:h:

Utopia, what does VA stand for? If you'll excuse my ignorance

6. Utopia

Utopia Member

VA - Visual Acuity. I was too blind for Warfare Officer (which is pretty bad) but perfect with my contacts or glasses. It was the unaided vision that did me in.

I got laser surgery and now have better than 20.20. Wouldn't want to waste that staring at charts all day now would I? :biggrin:

7. HLNL

HLNL New Member

Ahaha - I'm liking that! and cheers for the info!