Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Security Clearance processing time...

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by SupportiveMum, Jun 7, 2019.

1. SupportiveMum

SupportiveMum New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hello All

Any overseas applicants had their SC completed recently, if so how long did they take? I know it all depends on where you live, etc. Just looking to see how long they are roughly taking at the moment. It will be 14 weeks by the time our lad takes his PRMC, then I guess (if all being well and he passes) its just the SC we are waiting for before he can be given a start date?

Many Thanks

2. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'm not sure how helpful this will be to you but I start RT on the 8th July and I am still waiting for my SC, I completed the form in March.

I have been told by my AFCO that I "should get it one week before starting RT".

3. SupportiveMum

SupportiveMum New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    @RCTJ0012 thanks for your reply. So it seems you are given a start date regardless. Will they have to put it on hold if it doesn't come through in time for you? Hope not as I imagine you are having to book a flight.
    Good Luck with your RT, hope it's as pain free as possible!

4. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Myself and RCT are in the same boat! I start on the 8th July still dont have my SC.

My AFCO are very confident and have basically said it will more than likely appear a week or two before I start. I've been told to assume I'm starting on the 8th. I have handed in my work notice and everything. My AFCO are very on top of things though. Have enjoyed dealing with them!

I applied for my SC in January.

5. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

6. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I suppose they would have to put my start date on hold should it not come through... and yeah Ghost and I are in the same boat here, although he's been waiting 3 months longer than I have o_O

I do have to book flights and accommodation for 2 nights, over the weekend as well. It's not going to be cheap considering I'll probably have less than 1 week to do that.

Thanks for the luck!

7. SupportiveMum

SupportiveMum New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Thanks for replying @Ghost123 and @RCTJ0012. Looking back at your posts both of you are Commonwealth Applicants with very different SC submitted dates, wonder why your AFCO's are confident you'll both get it a week or two before the 8th of July??
    My lad has applied from Germany. The exact words from the ACFO were, "He's been living as a child abroad with his Mum and Dad, he's only just 18, he's not a terrorist, it wont take long!"
    4 weeks to go.... -nailbiting- fingers crossed for you both, hope you don't have the stress, disappointment and cost of having to arrange and rearrange things.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Good luck to your lad with his PRMC and SC!

I'm sure that people who pass their PRMC and get a start date for RT are guaranteed to get their SC in time, it's just the "cutting it close" part that is worrisome.

9. Adf1

Adf1 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Which AFCO are you going through?