Security Clearance

LJohnson

Reaction score
I can access the Welcome page to the form, but when I click one of the tab nothing happens. I might be doing something wrong but I tried it on Internet explorer as well and it seemed to be on Read only.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Assuming you've received an activation email, created an account & can log into your account, then you should be able to complete the form unless the site is down temporarily. If you've completed the online application, you will only be able to see your current status.

If you have yet to create an account, fresh applications cannot be made until after 10th April.

LJohnson

Reaction score
I have registered and the SC says in progress... But when I click this and go on the form, the sample field isn't working and when I click the tabs at the side of the screen it doesn't do anything.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If it states your SC is in progress, it usually means you've completed & submitted the application.

LJohnson

Reaction score
But I've not filled in any stages of it yet, I will just phone my careers advisor and inform them about it.

green-lid-seaker94

Reaction score
I'm also Having problems with finding the security clearance questionaire. I received the email with the candidates guide and created my account on here but I'm now clueless on where to go next? Any advice? Got my PRMC on the 17th of july

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You will receive an email from National Security Vetting which has a 'one off' link to their website to create an account with a username and password. Once created, you click on the letters 'SC' and the form will load - it can take ages to load.

If youo haven't received the activation email, contact your AFCO who can get it re-sent.

green-lid-seaker94

Reaction score
So will the email be separetly sent from national sercurity vetting and not from AFCO? I don't think I have the activation email at all yet so *text deleted* phoned AFCO and they are re-sending it

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you read the guidance email from the AFCO (clue in the title), it advises the procedure to take once the activation email is received from NSV.

bob1989

Reaction score
Ninja,

When the application status is "completed" does that mean the whole process is complete or just that your form is complete?

Thanks.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Ninja,

When the application status is "completed" does that mean the whole process is complete or just that your form is complete?

Thanks.
If the "Status" bit that says "In Progress" has changed to "Completed", it means SC has been gained.

If the Subject's part of SC states "Completed" it means the SC application has been completed and submitted but is still in progress.

Confusing innit? If in doubt - ring your AFCO.

bob1989

Reaction score
It is confusing- especially for a POC, glad there are no forms like this at AIB!

Thanks Ninja.

natasha

Reaction score
i have been able to log on to my account and activate it but i cannot access the security clearance questionnaire... may i have some guidance please i am unsure if i am doing something wrong ....

Digerydog

Reaction score
Hi Ninja, I've completed my SC and it is progress, I was wondering how long does it take to become completed?? I've been given RT date for 10th Sept.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Unless you are an overseas applicant, resident in Ireland or have lived overseas for periods in excess of 6 months during the last 5 years, SC should come through before September if submitted in June.

That said, I've a few candidates still waiting since September last year & January this year, so the sooner it's submitted, the quicker it's granted. Average can be anything from as quick as a week to 6 weeks at present.

Generally we can, if necessary get a waiver in order to allow a first-time joiner to commence recruit training.

G-Unit

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Ninja....

During some previous job applications, I've been fully screened and vetted a few times. Will the SC potentially go through quicker if you are already on file?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It depends on the type of screening/vetting.

If it was conducted by National Security Vetting in York, then it may well make a marginal difference, if it was conducted by any other agency, it won't.