Security clearance

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Some of you may already know my situation..

i got another security 'grey' book come through the post yesterday. Obviously filled it in straight away. Once i've sent this off, will i have to re-do everything? i've already had to do my PJFT Medical and Eye Test, will i have to re-do selection interview, and Psy; Test ?

biggnick

Reaction score
have you spoken to your afco mate? It's likely that they are sending you the security clearance booklet

Gaz

Reaction score
Was was the problem with your security mate?

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Nope not attall!

i applied almost 14 months ago, but i've failed my PRMC, and now its been like 12 months since i sent it away, it may just be an update as its been so long. I'm not entirely bothered! i just *text deleted* hurry up and join the unit, my mum does my NUT right in.

biggnick

Reaction score
I think that all things like you security, medical and psychometric tests are only valid for a certain amount of time. best person to ask would probably be ninja on this on i think.

Gaz

Reaction score
Think biggnick is right certain time frame and that. Why you so keen to get away from ya mum, I'd go home tomrrow if I could *text deleted* :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*:

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Because life down here is *text deleted* *text deleted*!!

and why? where are you know?

Gaz

Reaction score
Got my own place and that mate, bills, my girlfriend.... it all hassle! *text deleted* :*text deleted*:

When your at home you don't pay that much or anything, and you aint got to worry about nothing! Looking forward to getting to RT and having my own little 6 man grot and having nothing to worry about apart from the next day's phys and cleaning my kit! *text deleted* :D

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Security Clearance, once granted, is only valid for 12 months if you don't join.

If 12 months has elapsed, it has to be done again, much as it's a pain. If you delay it, or do not complete the forms correctly it has the potential to severely delay your entry date.

Incidently, it costs over £2.5K to process your security clearance, generally the AFCO will not submit it until they are fairly certain you will be joining. Many AFCOs will not submit it until you have passed PRMC, particularly if you have failed previously.

The completed form, if not submitted for clearance, is only valid for 6 months from the date of your signature on pages 14 & 18.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've done most of my security clearance booklet now! however i'm working all weekend! the only time i can finish it would be saturdat after work! so i will send it off saturday evening! hopefully get there tuesday!