Security clearence

NaTe-118

Reaction score
Im from Dublin so im classed as a Commonwealth citezen,i was told by Afco Belfast that i may be waiting up to 11 months for the security clearence checks anyway im wondering has anyone been in the same position as me,How long have they waited?does anyone know if there is a way to get a waiver.Interview,medical and PJFT on the 28th August looking forward to that but the 11 month wait :frown: not really so *text deleted*.
also I was told that they changed the pjft to 3 miles instead of 1.5 has that happened in any other AFCOS?
help will be appreciated
thanks

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
As for security clearance I have no idea mate, all I know is that form was the biggest pain in the arse I have ever known and I've got a girlfriend so I should know!!

But I do know that they have been thinking about changing the PJFT for quite some time now.

Its partially because 1.5 in under 10 isn't really that hard to train for and pass.

But its mostly because so many people fail the PRMC on the 3 miler that it just wastes everybodies time, so if they can make sure you pass it first in your gym then with another few weeks before PRMC you should pass it then.

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you've been security cleared in other jobs does that effect being security cleared during this application?

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
No, it's not like you're just stacking shelves at Tesco.

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* no ive been security cleared to work in the portsmouth dockyards which i have an id for to allow me into alot of it. Plus i am in the process of security clearance by the SIA which apparently takes a while and they are pretty strict. Plus ive never worked at Tescos, im an ex Waitrose :p

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Mate,

There are a few from the Rupublic on here and security is around that long to be honest, it's a real pain in the back side for UK citizens and even worse for Irish and Commonwealth guys.

Not heard about the increase in PJFT distance, so not sure mate.

But welcome to the site and hope you find out what you need.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
He told me 3 months was the quickest possible, but around 6 months is normal. However he did also say 11 months could be likely, but again, 6 months is the general turn around time.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
im wondering has anyone been in the same position as me,How long have they waited?does anyone know if there is a way to get a waiver.

also I was told that they changed the pjft to 3 miles instead of 1.5 has that happened in any other AFCOS?
help will be appreciated
thanks
I have been waiting 3 months and will most likely wait a few more according to london office, cannot get a waiver for security clearance as far as i know.

Yeah NinjaStoker our resident advisor said that there would be changes to the PJFT, would most likely be two 1.5mile runs...The reason for changing the test is that 70% of all failures on PRMC is on the 3mile run (there was a thread about it but cant remember where)

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Lets hope they dont think im australian and gained brit citizenship later on then... dual citizen since birth :nuts: