Security Questionnaire - Guidance notes for completion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Here's a handy link for those requiring further advice LINK: Security Clearance Guidance Notes

Warning read the instructions before you print the following- it's a 21 page document!

Made a mistake- want to LINK: download a duplicate security clearance form ?

BEFORE you do, don't press print- go to page 19 of the form, press the top right black box & you will get a drop-down menu- click on "1". You will then get a random number generated form & corresponding bar-code on each page. If you just press print by any other method the serial number is duplicated & the form completely invalid & rejected.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Further to the last item, you can complete this form online & then print it out, remembering to sign pages 14 & 18 before returning it to your AFCO.

You're advised to ask your Careers Adviser to check it over when you return it to the AFCO so as you can rectify any errors there & then rather than delay the Security Clearance process as the form is posted back & forth only to eventually vanish into the ether & re-issued!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If anyone has any security questionnaire related queries, by all means post here, or PM me if you want to keep your query confidenial, as most seem to have done already.

The Security Clearance aspect is the bit than can seriously hamper the speed at which you can join the Corps, particularly those with former service as a place cannot be allocated until security clearance is granted.

To re-iterate, before the questionnaire can be submitted, we must have received replies from two suitable referees (Yes- we DO actually write to your nominated referees!). In addition, you must be in possession of a valid passport as a condition of entry into the Service- no passport, no entry. The preferred method of validating your identity at the AFCO in order to process your security clearance, is using a copy of your valid passport.

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just a quick question Ninja, If my passport is out of date will that be a problem? ( i'm assuming it will )

Thanks for your time!

mr.sniper

Reaction score
passport

If your from the commenwealth(SA) do u need a passport and a visa or just a passport? Thanx anyway

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
MasoN, you will need a valid passport to actually join- it's not essential to get through the selection process, but you will need one before you get your train ticket to start recruit training.

Mr Sniper- if you're from S Africa, before you do anything you need to research the South African Anti-Mercenary Bill & how it affects your status if you wish to return to SA after serving in the Corps. You need to check your eligibility with the overseas desk in London AFCO & they will advise residency & visa requirements.

Link: How to Join the Royal Marines

bartzkingx

Reaction score
I'm struggling a little bit with the security form, do I leave the part for the sponsor for someone at AFCO to fill out? :eek:ops:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, page 19 onwards is for completion by your sponsor (in this case, your AFCO). Just ensure you've signed & dated pages 14 AND 18.

J

Jamessly1989

Ninja, I accidently signed on page 21 where the sponser is meant to sign. Should I re-print the questionairre or just cross it out??

James

ermal

Reaction score
quick question, do you put a space between the 2 halves of you postcode, or do it all together?

same with phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.