security questionnaire

padymick

Reaction score
just a few questions lads
when filling in the part about your parents I was wondering if they actually contact your parents as I am no longer in touch with my father.

also I attended one year of university will they still use this as the last
educational institute that i attended or will they use my secondary school?
because I want to use the principal of the secondary school as a referrer.

sorry I meant to post this in the joining section.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Heya Padymick, welcome to forums.

For contacting your family i to be honest dont know, you will have to wait for Ninjastoker, our resident AFCO advisor to confirm it I think. Your AFCO should have request two Referrers on your application form far as my AFCO told me they usually only contact the two people you place there. However they can choose to contact anyone they feel its necessary too.

Best of luck with application

Chris

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Generally speaking they (the Defence Vetting Agency-DVA) run checks on your parents, step-parents & immediate family. They don't normally get in touch with any individual unless there is an area of concern requiring further detail.

There is absolutely no need for you to trace or re-establish contact with estranged members of your family- all you need do is make a statement on the blank pages regarding Q7 (Father's details) stating "No contact with natural Father since ..... . Last known details as stated."

On your application form (AFCO Form 4) they require the details of your secondary school & any further education academic institutions attended. The principal of your secondary school is an ideal person to use as an academic referee. Your Uni will only be contacted if you nominate a referee at that location.

Good luck.