Security!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Dear God almighty! How much of a pain in the Arse is the Security form!!

I have to put all the full addresses I've lived at in the last 5 years and dates from and to (I moved about a bit), and the details of any partners I've lived with. Then the same for my Mum and My Dad and my step Mum.

I have to tick a box to say I have never been a terrorist or attempted to overthrow the government! I'm not sure if I feel comfortable lying, I may have to own up to 911.

I was *text deleted* fill the form out after my Sunday lunch yesterday and received a huge metaphorical slap in the face, looks like I got a couple weeks of headache!

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
it is a pain in the arse really, especially as u say uve moved around alot...

it did take me quite a while to fill out *text deleted* ive got so many brothers and sisters and parents *text deleted* (steps, halfs, seconds, you name it !)

but needs to be done i spose!!

:laugh:

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Dear God almighty! How much of a pain in the Arse is the Security form!!

I have to put all the full addresses I've lived at in the last 5 years and dates from and to (I moved about a bit), and the details of any partners I've lived with. Then the same for my Mum and My Dad and my step Mum.

I have to tick a box to say I have never been a terrorist or attempted to overthrow the government! I'm not sure if I feel comfortable lying, I may have to own up to 911.

I was *text deleted* fill the form out after my Sunday lunch yesterday and received a huge metaphorical slap in the face, looks like I got a couple weeks of headache!

How do you think i feel, my biological father was a Saudi! the extra questions i was asked etc!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
complicated

Thats sounds complicated!!

My step Mum was born in Germany on a UK Military Base. That gets the questions going as well.

I may just have to half guess my dates of moving in and out, there is no way Im *text deleted* be able to remember! And as they are all UK and in roughly the same area Im sure it wont evoke any interest anyway.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
A few tips for the Security Clearance forms:

If you miss any detail, the Defence Vetting Agency (DVA) return it to you via the AFCO, thus delaying your entry.

Common details missing are things such as post codes for previous addresses or gaps in the dates over the previous 5 years.

You have to assume the person checking the form (which costs an average of £2,500 per person to process) knows nothing about you. So whilst it maybe obvious to you that your parents are separated, unless you state it on page 16 & 17 (continuation pages), they will ask. If your parents have separated & have a partner, you must give their details also or state on page 16/17 "Mother/Father remain single" - again if you do-not state it, the questionnaire will be sent back.

Likewise all convictions spent or otherwise must be disclosed, including formal police cautions & spot fines. You must alsio be completely honest about your financial status.

Further Security Clearance advice & guidance HERE

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
blimey 2 1/2 grand for a process of the form!

im glad i did mine right first time! :smile:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Cost

Thats pretty damn expensive!!

The colour sergeant at my afco said to make sure its filled out properly *text deleted* its read by a computer, not a person.

So if I had no fixed/official address for a short period of time I need to join the 2 permanent addresses so that there are no gaps!?

If they check my criminal record why do I have to fill it out?

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
On section 6 of this security form, do we only have to enter partners we've lived with?

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Yes, and thats 'Officially co-habited' not just shacked up with. As in both on the tenancy agreement or both had your bills/bank statements sent there.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I've only lived in one house in all my life, so I didn't have much trouble with the form.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As Matt correctly stated:

Details About Your Partner and/or Former Partner(s):

This section seeks details of partner(s) you may have had in the past 3 years, with whom you have lived as a couple. Use the continuation
sheet at the back of the form if necessary. If the questions are not applicable, or no partner exists please state NA.

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Yea, that time I gave my ar$e a rest and spoke with my mouth.

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers guys.

Who designs these forms!? They seem very interested in what your parents are up to but seem to forget to ask about siblings.

Ok two more questions...
I've read in another post that if your parents are re-married, you should put details on the continuation sheet. Should my parents new partners (husband/wife) be detailed in question 9 & 10? Both are re-married.

Also should I be writing NA in absolutely every single box that doesn't apply to me? i.e. the whole of section 6 or just in the first box 6a?

I hate these things.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
b*gger. i've got one brother one sister, 5 step brothers and sisters, 1 half brother 1 half sister, i've moved on average once every 8 months over the last 5 years, and couldn't tell my father from adam never mind where he lives etc, my step dad lives/works in canada and my head hurts

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Priar;

Yes, you need the details of both step-parents. There should be a page for this so you don't have to use the continuation sheet.

I didn't know about the NA bit either so I left it and asked when I took it to the AFCO. The WO1 interviewing me (the smelly one) said yes, every single box, and proceeded to watch me spend the next 10 mins putting NA in every box with a very shakey hand!

There is a downloadable PDF of the whole form that you can fill in either on the pc by typing or print it out and do it by hand, a good way to practice.
Hopefully Ninja can jump in here and give you the link. Ninja edit: Security Questionnaire link as requested

SpeedyTucker;

Unlucky