Selection interview

Davyashy

Reaction score
I remember being told on my first visit to the AFCO that I will need some naval knowledge during the selection process.

So.. a couple of questions. Will I need to answer anything naval for my Selection Interview and if so how much will I need to know.

If I won't be asked anything naval now, when will I be? AIB?

Just over a week til my S.I. so I'm panicking a little. *text deleted*

Thanks

Dave

JSB

Reaction score
Hi D,

There are guides to both POC and AIB in this secion which should give you a good indication of the level of knowledge required for those stages. In terms of your SI I'd get some basics learnt, it's not going to do you any harm and might look good if such questions come up.

Davyashy

Reaction score
Cheers JSB

Can anyone recommend how much naval knowledge would be a good amount as I'd imagine the history of the marines would be more of a focus in the interview or am I wrong?

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
There is all sorts, ranging from what helicopters are used and where ships are currently stationed. There will be a thread somewhere try using the search bar.

Davyashy

Reaction score
Cheers, AFD

Just been boning up on all things naval there.

So I don't have to start a new thread, does anyone know when you find out how you have performed in your selection interview. Do they tell you on the day or do you wait for a letter?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Cheers, AFD

Just been boning up on all things naval there.

So I don't have to start a new thread, does anyone know when you find out how you have performed in your selection interview. Do they tell you on the day or do you wait for a letter?

Assuming you mean Officer Sift Interview (slightly different to RM OR selection interview),you may be asked a few general RN questions to gauge your readiness to attend AIB after your POC.

For AIB advice, I've posted a few quotes and tips from those who have undergone AIB on another site. Bear in mind- some failed!